What's new

Evita DTS DVD (French R2) (1 Viewer)

RobD

Second Unit
Does anyone have any experience of this disc? is it a good transfer? (Got to better than awful UK transfer)

You might also consider the Italian version. I've had mine for about a year. The DTS audio is excellent. I do not watch my American version anymore.

There are forced Italian subtitles, but I can pan the video upward on the screen while the subtitles stay towards the bottom, out of the video image. (Malata 996)

Keith Smith

RobD

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply, do you think the DTS laserdisc might be a better choice?

The italian version would be great if it werent for compulsory subtilitles (Dont have ability to edit out on my setup).

RobD

Second Unit
That Korean copy looks pretty good. No forced subtitles? Do you own this disc?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I don't own it, yet. My last order from them was too large to include it. :) Maybe next month.

I own a ton of Korean movies and have yet to see one with forced Subtitles.

RobD

Second Unit
If you could let me know what you think of it when you get it I'd appreciate it. I cant decide between the DD Laserdisc (Very cheap), DTS LD and this korean DVD.

CraigL

Screenwriter
***faints***

FINALLY!!! :)

I HATE the PAL speed up!!

What are the best places to order from?

Is there a website that compares or reviews R3 discs?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Don't know about best but easiest is here:

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=8313

Not the cheapest but I've ordered quite a few discs from these guys and have always had great service.

edit: just wanted to add that they have a frequent buyer discount thingy they call 'mileage'. I'm not sure how they calculate it but you get money off your next purchase based on how much you spent before.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Yeah...that's pretty much the ONLY place that i've seen have American titles.

IS there any place cheaper?

it seems like all the titles that I want are $20+ yet they have a lot for less. Do they have a pricing scheme or something? Seems like any title that has DTS or is in demand in the US is a higher price.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I just bought about 9 DTS titles, not all US movies, and most of them were $20.

I think krdvd.com is cheaper but it isn't in english and I don't even know if they ship to the US. If you do the won->dollar conversion its way cheaper!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Mark,

Did you get the Evita DVD?

Which US titles do you have for the DTS upgrade? I'd really like to make sure that it's worth the upgrade and I can't find sites that have reviews.

I want to make sure that they're in the proper aspect ratio and whatknot before i go ditching my R1 versions.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
CraigL, no I just ordered it yesterday. Should have it in 7 or 8 days. Since you asked here are a list of most of the foreign DTS discs I own. Keep in mind I have not watched all of them yet. If you're curious about a certain title I can pop it in and have a look. All are R3 Korean unless otherwise stated.

Seven Years in Tibet
Back to the Future
51st State (Formula 51)
Virus
Monsters Inc (only Korean DTS doh!)
Way of the Gun (R2 Japan)
Hard Rain
Con Air (non-anamorphic)

Those are the only US films I can think of off the top of my head. There is a great DTS/16:9 thread in the international forum at dvdtalk.com . Check it out.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Received my copy of the R3 Korean DTS DVD of Evita yesterday. Bad news first, its non-anamorphic. The case says 16:9 but it isn't. The PQ is surprising good though with a touch if EE in long shots. The DTS track is english and very good.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Mark,

What are the extras on the disc??

And I saw that you joined DVDtalk...welcome to the group :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks