What's new

ever listen to Sherbourn (1 Viewer)

Dave Shepard

Agent
When I was getting a new reciever, I asked a salesmen (not in my state) about the Denon 5803 he told me that the Sherbourn PT7200 w/7/2100 amp would be the better choice. I don't know and have not even heard of Sherbourn before until I heard the name from him. I don't know of any dealers in my area and if and when I upgrade again don't know if it would be worth a look.

Thanks

Dave

TommyL

Supporting Actor
I use a 7/2100 sherbourn, and it is one helluva machine! It blends VERY well with my speakers, and is underrated at 200 watts per channel (7 channels) Great amp for the money! Heavy too...115 lbs:) check it out-->

http://home.mchsi.com/~toml/wsb/html...tos.html-.html

PS..speakers can make a difference with different amps...what are you using? A sherbourn tends to be a bit warmer, toning down the brighter side of speakers fyi.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
ps...usually separates rock....as you won't need to upgrade the amp...I'd go that route over a big bucks receiver...I had one..glad I switched...amps handle all the power...that's it...in a receiver, a portion handles the power, and processing and so on...it doesn't "excel" in one thing...usually power. Where are you located? There is a dealer near me. Tom

Dave Shepard

Agent
I'm in West Widdlesex,Pa. I have a Polk Audio speaker set for HT 2-rti-70's,2-csi-40's,2-rti38's,2-fxi-30's,SVS PB2+ and setteled for the 6th ave deal on the 3803 (648.06). The salesmen quoted a price of $2495 for the Sherbourn reciever and amp, and $2895 for the Denon 5803, and also quoted $1495 for the B&K 507. I thought the prices were very low but he assured me they were NIB and not refurb or B-stock. I called him again after two weeks and the prices were the same. I don't know if he is an autherized dealer or not, but at those prices is there really much to go wrong with them being new?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks