What's new

ET Ultimate Gift Set Pic (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Thanks for the image...I'm looking forward to it.
BTW, buy.com's price is ok, but amazon.com has E.T.: the gift set for 52 dollars, with free shipping.
So much for a 70 dollar gift set, eh? :D

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Does anyone know whether or not this is the artwork for the 2 disk version...
Link Removed

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
I don't understand all the fuss over the price. If it were a Criterion release, people would bend over backwards and pay $50. I guess since people think Steven and Universal are rich enough, they want to complain.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I don't understand all the fuss over the price. If it were a Criterion release, people would bend over backwards and pay $50. I guess since people think Steven and Universal are rich enough, they want to complain.
I haven't seen anyone argue that the set itself is not worth the money that is being asked for it. Rather, the contention is that the 1982 version of the film is not available separately outside of the set, as the 2002 version is. Therefore, anyone interested just in owning the 1982 version on DVD either has to buy a set that is overly expensive (in that it contains items not desired by the consumer) or can't buy it at all.

DJ

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
The difference is that Criterion releases (ARMEGEDDON and a few others notwithstanding) are classic or niche films. Criterion has to charge more to pay for their excellent production values and because sales are much lower than that of mainstream films. E.T. is a mass-market blockbuster. There is no reason for charging $50 in order to get the original version, I don't care how many lousy lithos and such they throw in the box. The decision was made to milk the money from real film buffs. Assume the position!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks