ES-EX speakers...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattGuyOR, Aug 3, 2001.

1. MattGuyOR

MattGuyOR Stunt Coordinator

Do I just use one speaker for the ES/EX rear center? The same type of surround speaker I have for my rears?
    Also, will a colorstream component cord work for progressive scan dvd or is there also a progressive scan component cord?

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

The answer lies with the type of the set up. The larger the space the more you will need two speakers to create a more diffused soundfield. I have one direct radiating speaker (Polk RT-25i) and since the sweet spont is not that large and the distance from back wall to front wall is about 18 to 20 feet the one speaker did it for me since the chair is about 5 feet from the rear wall. As for the colorstream cord, any cord that's 75ohm is perfect for component video. Remember they all have to be 75ohms and not like video audio cords that's available. Some people make the mistake thinking that those cords are enough.
    ------------------
    If loving Home Theater is
    wrong, I don't want to be
    right!!!

3. Mark_Haanraadts

This question has been asked multiple times.
    Although some receivers DO give the option for one rear, THX specifically states TWO rears since there's some correlation processing.

4. Joseph Anlacan

i tried experimenting which works best for my room and i ended up using 1 dipole speaker for my rear center. my side surrounds are direct radiators. hope this helps.