What's new

Er 4/25/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, no one's started an ER thread, so here goes:
Abby's drinking is finally catching up to Carter, who is justifiably worried, though Luka doesn't see the big deal, and prefers to let people live their lives. Abby returns to her old apartment, Luka is installing more deadbolts on the door, and Carter drops by with flowers and a homecoming gift. Carter's not too pleased with seeing Luka there in Abby's apartment, nor the fact that she's drinking an alcoholic drink. Carter storms out of the apartment.
Carter and Luka almost get into a fight as Carter pushes Luka's button, asking if Luka's going to beat him up like he did Abby's attacker for caring about Abby's alcoholism problem. Later after confronting Abby about her drinking (she thinks she can handle alcohol now), Carter gets to make his point when a drunk who t-boned someone else's car shows up in the ER and Carter, Luka, and Abby work on saving the guy, much to Carter's displeasure. The drunk doesn't make it. Abby tell Carter that she doesn't want Carter's help in her recent return in drinking because it's complicated between them (she alluded to her and Carter as an "us" and Carter wants to know if there is an "us" and Abby just sloughs it off for now). Later in the evening in her apartment, Abby hears a loud noise, is awakened, and then has trouble falling back to sleep, looks at a half opened bottle of beer, and is content to just watch TV for the rest of the night. Maybe Carter has made his point.
Carter is riding Pratt hard, and Pratt is content to be a maverick ER doc in the mode of Malucci. When a gunshot victim goes into cardiac arrest, Pratt decides to crack open his chest, while Gallant, also in the room, is wanting to get Carter, but there is no time and the patient could die while he looked for Carter, so Gallant becomes an unwilling participant to Pratt's almost reckless bedside manner. Pratt had to check his notes while he was cracking open the patient's chest (now that was funny stuff). Carter admonished Gallant, but Gallant stands up for himself and tells Carter not to confuse him with Pratt. Luckily for Pratt, the patient survived after being cleaned up by the surgeons in the OR, Carter still rides him hard for not waiting for him in the doc's locker room as he requested.
While talented, Pratt is going to either learn to respect Carter (who is now the attending physician of the ER - did they announce this formally on the show?) or Pratt is going to be shown the door after a tragic misjudgment on his part in trying to save a future patient. Pratt is chasing Dr. Chen, offering mac-n-cheese for a romantic dinner to be punctuated by an evening of sex. Pratt is definitely not the slow-n-easy kind of guy. :) Chen rebuffs all of his advances, for now.
While the all of the ER med cases were serious, most of the cases were played for dark humor laughs.
Romano wants to start treating lesbians because they have a higher incidence of all forms of cancer (he spews out a list of the reasons) and wants Weaver to head the program. Weaver doesn't want to be the token lesbian and is adversed to the nomination. Weaver almost gets "healed" by some guy offering to heal people through his Christianity (that was funny when she confronts him and he puts his hand on Weaver's forehead and she's like WTF?), finally after telling 3 different people to boot the guy, she finally gets him out of the ER.
Corday gets a gentle reminder of her upcoming fate when she presents the parents of the boy with the choice to pull the plug on him because he fell out of a tree and had severe brain and spine injuries and was only kept alive on the respirator. Upon entering the OR, Corday gets an urgent call from Rachel (her and Mark are in Hawaii so Mark can show Rachel where he grew up) and Mark has taken a turn for the worse, and might not be able to fly back from Hawaii, so Corday must fly out to him.
Susan gets to cross over with "Third Watch" when she gets a phone message from her 6 year old niece, Susie (I think), saying that her mom (Susan's sister Chloe) won't wake up. Susan tracks her down in New York City, meets up with Bosco and his partner from Third Watch, and enjoys a leisurely afternoon of watching NY's finest shake down a few folks to find some leads on Chloe's whereabouts. They find their where to a drug hotel, find Susie's stuffed bear in a room, but it's vacated. Later in the evening the cops find Chloe in a bad section of town, but no sign of Susie. Chloe is in bad drugged out shape, on the ride to the hospital, she requires being shocked, and Susan keeps telling the medic to tube her. Chloe does make it, but she has no idea where Susie is (though she suspect Susie to be with her husband).
To be continued on Third Watch this coming Monday at 9 p.m. EST.
If they find Susie in time, I'm thinking Susan will sue for custody for Susie (make the case that Chloe is unfit to take care of Susie).

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
When Third Watch first started to air I told my wife they made a mistake by having it in New York. It would be awesome to have them crossover with ER. Looks like I got my wish. But how cool would it have been to have a crossover every week? Nothing major just a few minutes here and there.

I enjoyed this episode. Looking forward to Third Watch on Monday (even though Susan is my least favorite character). Can't wait to see some of the Hill Street Blues characters.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Nah....they should have crossed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Susan could have gone to Sunnydale to find Chloe, only to discover that she's been turned into a vampire. They could have had Weaver go with her, and Weaver and Willow could have hit it off. Man...that would have been SWEEEEEEEET!

Craig_T

Second Unit
Susan's sister Chloe annoys the hell outta me. She's had about 30 second chances now. I was hoping we'd finally seen the end of her stupid, whining ass when she moved to Arizona. Watching many of the earlier ER episodes is a chore because of Susan's obnoxious, screw-up sister has such a prominent role in them. I was actually hoping they'd find her dead.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
what does everybody think of Pratt's arrogance? it's not so much his arrogance that bothers me as the cockiness. i would think Benton, who was just as arrogant, would never have act that way. i hope he gets put in his place.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Good distinction, Eric. Benton was definitely arrogant, and that is often an extremely positive trait for surgeons to have, but he was never (I believe) cocky. The story with Pratt will come to a head soon IMHO when he nearly kills somebody due to his attitude (or actually does kill somebody).

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I thought Romano was in classic form in this episode. First the lesbian stint with Weaver. Then when he takes the opened up guy from the ER and tells Gallant "Who are you and why are you talking to me?" Classic. Then telling someone about saving the kid from the ER Butcher Market. I thought it was hilarious.

Although there's something about him now that's actually making him human. I bet he was married once and his wife died of cancer or at least someone very close to him. He's all compassionate with Corday.

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator
Romano was always attracted to Corday. Maybe he wants to be there for her because of what he feels for her. Of course, he could just want to catch her on the rebound too.

David

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm still upset we can't have a Friends-Law and Order crossover where one of the friends gets wacked. I'd love to see them deal with Brisco "it's the police, open up!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Romano was chasing after Lizzy for a long time before she started going out with Benton, and then finally Mark. She would have nothing to do with Romano in the past, but now, who knows.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Wow...first of all, thanks for the beautiful synopsis, Patrick. Secondly, I didn't even think about the Romano/Corday connection. The sky is the limit as to what happens there. Also, do you guys think of Luka is building himself up for an accident? I mean, the guy is living life to the fullest, driving Vipers, and partying at his apartment. Or is he just one of the big boys inside of a tennager's body?
By the way, Carter is the man. ;)

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Looking forward to Third Watch on Monday (even though Susan is my least favorite character). Can't wait to see some of the Hill Street Blues characters.
When is this mystical appearance of the Hill St. Blues gang showing up on what show??? I thought it was a few weeks ago, but NO.

Hill Street Blues was IMHO probably the BEST show EVER. Even better than 'Blue'

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
If they were on a few weeks ago I missed them. I was actually expecting some to show up on this episode. Since they didn't I guess they will show up in a future episode.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The guest appearance of the Hill St. Blues will be more beneficial during sweeps month(I.E. May). So it'll probably be May 13th, 2002.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any information on Dr. Greens last episode? Are we just going to have a few glimpses of him in his last days or are there plans to have a few more in depth episodes with Mark as the focal point. What was up with the "letter from Dr. Green" in the teaser of the upcoming weeks episode?

Jerry

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I really liked Romano's line, "What did you open his chest with, a hand grenade?" If we're talking crossovers, it would have been nice to see Dr. Mark Craig show up to repair the damage caused by Pratt. :D Don't care for Scrubs, but I look forward to seeing William Daniels and his St. Elsewhere cohorts this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks