Er 11/21/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

You have to love Corday, flunking Nathan...with compassion. [​IMG] Glad she got through to Nathan in the end. I guess we've seen the last of Nathan?
    I'm pretty much over the bi-polar brother storyline for Abby.
    The family getting plowed by the drunk was above average, and Jeff Kober (Rack on Buffy) did a good job with what they gave him to do. Korday showed a few sides of her non-bitchy side in this episode and came through in the clutch. She was scared as hell about the helicopter's tail rotor (after what happened to Romano).

2. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

An average episode. I was pleased they balanced Abby's personal storyline with one about practicing medicine. I was also pleased and surprised they didn't have Carter and Corday doing the transplant in the ER - I half expected it, given the show's track record for stuff like that.
    I'm going to miss Don Cheadle - and what does that say when a guest star's acting and character outshines every regular on the show?
    Luka's patient dies - AGAIN.

3. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I agree about the soap opera stuff. I'm really tired of the whole Abby storylines. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit sick of her and I don't think she's that great looking. I'd much rather see chen with more screen time.

I did think that Romano would show up to talk Corday through the transplant. I think he needs more screen time too.

4. David Singleton

David Singleton Stunt Coordinator

This morning as I was showering for work, I had an epiphany concerning this show. As an aside, the shower is a wonderful place for epiphanies. [​IMG]
    It dawned on me that the writers have turned Luka into Dr. Ross dialed to "11" in regards to his womanizing. Initially, Luka was a very sympathetic character as they explored his inner demons concerning his family. Now, they have changed his character to be very similar to Dr. Ross (early Dr. Ross, pre-dependable Dr. Ross).
    Since Luka's womanizing was not in this episode, this really has no bearing on this thread. I just thought I would share my epiphany. I also like typing the word "epiphany."
    David
    epiphany [​IMG]

5. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

david....hahaha

I also agree that the bi-polar bit has been played out and then some. I loved when Corday and Carter got those kids up to the OR and exchanged "wow...yeah....wow...yeah".

6. Kristian

Kristian Supporting Actor

I hope we haven't seen the last of Don Cheadle's Nathan character. But if we have, the episode served as a fitting send-off to one of the most interesting guest characters in the show's run.

On a less positive note, I have to agree that the Abby soap opera storylines are getting old. Ever since her debut on the show, it seems her personal problems have taken center stage over everything else on the show. The episode where Dr. Greene's death was announced turned into another "Abby is drunk" episode, for instance. If she were a more likeable character, I'd understand, but I've never cared for her much.

7. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

8. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

I think that the writers have run out of ideas. That’s why we are seeing so many recycled themes (e.g. the bi-polar mother and now brother—who knew?)

9. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

In regards to Abby - I feel that her whole relationship with Carter feels tacked on. She has no redeeming qualities and I can not for the life of me figure out what he sees in her.

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I taped Without A Trace, and it was better. They only had one story [​IMG] and it was a pretty topical one, about an Arab that goes missing and how everyone starts thinking of the terrorist angle.
    On ER, the scene with the father and Corday was good, though. I was wondering if someone should have been guarding the drunk driver?
    //Ken

11. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

My favorite part of this episode: Maura Tierney flipping off Sally Field as they are walking on opposite sides of a wall...something I've done dozens of times (though not to my mom!) [​IMG]