What's new

Episode II: AOTC Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Not that anyone knows about yet, AFAIK.

It took about a year-and-a-half after the release of the first Episode I soundtrack (5/3/99) for the "Ultimate" edition of the Phantom Menace soundtrack to be released (11/14/00).

I'd imagine they'd follow the same type of timeline this time around, although releasing a new one with the DVD in November might be a good idea.

No doubt we'll see something eventually.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
There was "talk" about this being released as an SACD :wink:

Eric

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Just out of curiosity does anyone know the difference between the Original Sountrack Anthology boxset(contained all 3 soundtracks and a bonus cd of previously unreleased material) and the special editions that where later released individually? Are they the same quality?

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
AFAIK, the box set and the SE releases are different enough from each other to warrant the purchase of all of them to the Star Wars soundtrack fan.

The SEs are more thorough, but tracks like "Lapti Nek" and the Ewok Celebration song ("Yub-Nub") are replaced with "Jedi Rocks" and the new-agey-type song (forgot the title--"Victory Celebration"?), respecitvely, on the Jedi SE soundtrack.

The boxset is cheaper ($30-40 range), and there are some people who believe that it sounds better than the SE releases (I've never done any comparison tests, myself). Semi-confusing is the fourth disc, which contains tracks from all three (at the time) films. The SEs have (most of) those tracks, but mixed back in with the individual films, which makes a little more sense. But, if you're just a casual fan, I'd probably recommend the box set, myself.

However, whenever I get the urge to listen to Star Wars music, I pretty much always go with the SE versions.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
the Ewok Celebration song ("Yub-Nub")
C'mon man, everyone knows it's Yub-Yub. :)
Donnie, there's a thread in the Music Area about your exact question(s) but the Search seems to be shot right now. Try searching later in the evening and I'm sure you'll find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks