What's new

Ep4 blu-ray lightsaber duel blobs! (1 Viewer)

clubjunkie

Auditioning
Real Name
andy
So i have watched episodes 1-3 on blu-ray and found no issues. Then i get to Episode 4 and a few weird things happen. The opening crawl changes from yellow to orange and back again. luke's lighsaber as he trains with the remote on the falcon has jagged edges. then the lightsaber duel comes and i see a lot of this... Has anyone else seen this...? (Sorry about the poor quality, they are just taken with a camera as i had no way to get a screenshotof the playback) thanks.

clubjunkie

Auditioning
Real Name
andy
Just watched ESB: Openign crawl same issue. THe light saber fight on dagobah likewise blobs but thankfully not on the main fight.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
The lightsaber 'blobs' have always been there, only not quite so prominent due to the darker, flatter look of previous home video versions.

clubjunkie

Auditioning
Real Name
andy
youre kidding me! wow. I never saw them before even on an up-scaled DVD on the same (pretty good) TV. Thanks for the reply.

clubjunkie

Auditioning
Real Name
andy
interesting, moviepas. this was fine at load time, just freaked out like this during the saber fight. but to me it definitely looks like an error on the source, not with the playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks