What's new
World Wide Stereo

entry level system (1 Viewer)

Robert_N

Auditioning
hi all!
i just wanted to replace the system i have now (kinda old, no remote!) with a nice, cheap 5.1 system thats not too powerful or expensive. I have a Rio Go Video 2130 DVD/VCR combo already, so what would be good to hook up to this so that i dont have 30 remotes, and one to control volume and such. after lookin around i found the RWTI Cintre RW-6525D Mini Home Theater System, which seems alright for my needs, i just wanted some other opinions. thanks everyone!

728x90

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, Robert, and welcome to HTF. Since you're asking for advice as to specific HTiB recommendations, I've moved your post to A/V Sources (which is where the topic comes up). The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. Good luck on your search.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Good HTIBs:

Onkyo 760, 767, 770, 777 (I think these are the best bang for the buck. You can get the 60 series on clearance and refurbs for as low as $300. Really incredible sound for an HTIB. )

Sony 7700D
Check the Yamaha line as well.

Robert_N

Auditioning
wow those systems look awesome. however, soon as i saw them my check card melted...are there any available in the $100-200 range?

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Zenith has some nice models in that price range. Panasonic, Samsung... Maybe even a lower end Sony?

I'd tell you this: You can get a refurbed Onkyo 760 or 767 for around $300. Some B&M's have been doing clearances near that price as well. The Onkyo 760 has to be the best bang for the buck in the HTIB market bar none. The speakers are a tad big, but so what? ;)

http://www.refurbelectronics.com/index.html
http://www.ecost.com

Make sure you have your butt covered with warranties, etc.

Example: I went on Ebay and bought a refurbed HK 630 direct from HK. It's being handled as a new product. $600 for a $1200 receiver. That's the kind of thing you can pull off.

Onkyo's website should tell you authorized Internet dealer as well. www.bizrate.com can you give links too, possibly. Enter Onkyo 760 or 767 in the search engine and sit back and watch. :)

Robert_N

Auditioning
well those bizrate ones look nice...are those prices for real tho? i mean theres a difference for that sony dream system of about $700!! that sets my "shady" alert ringin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks