What's new

Enterprise "Carbon Creek": Episode (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Did it really come in last in the ratings. I thought it was a hit for UPN?:confused:

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
An acting job in Star Trek must be an actor's dream job. You are virtually guaranteed 7 years of employment plus any syndication deals afterward.

I haven't watched any episodes this year. I just never got around to taping it. And you know what? I find that I just don't care. There are so many other shows that I want to watch that it just doesn't pay to invest in a mediocre show like Enterprise. Last year I had hopes that Enterprise would be good but after watching last season and seeing the reviews for the new season I think I am better off tuning out.

It seems obvious now that the potential for Enterprise will not be realized and that it is just trek-by-the-numbers.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one that thinks both Trip and Archer would shag T'Pol if she gave them the okay?
Hell yes!
It seems that the show trying to aim to redblooded[straight] men as well,not just geeks!
I also thought this was one of the funniest episode of any trekkie series, so far,I really enjoyed it,and yes Jolene can strip in every episode,I'll be just fine with that!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
An acting job in Star Trek must be an actor's dream job. You are virtually guaranteed 7 years of employment plus any syndication deals afterward.
The disadvantage is that the actor becomes typecast.
Anyway, actors have chosen to leave the show (don't know the actor's names, so I'll name a few characters):

Tasha Yar (though it was only the first year, so she didn't know that it would be a 7-yr deal)
Dax (the first one)
Kes (though I'm not sure if she chose to leave or if they wrote her off)
Wesley Crusher (same as Kes)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Some of those ex-"Trek" actors would probably rejoice at typecasting. More often, it's seemed like they just don't get work. It's almost like they enter into a kind of Faustian bargain - unless an actor is an "above the title" lead, "Trek" seems to mark the end of a career.

Denise Crosby (Yar), ironically enough (in that people often talk of how her leaving TNG was a bad career move), seems to have one of the best post-Trek careers for a supporting actor, in that she's at least worked steadily.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Only the leads have survived as working actors: Shatner, Nimoy, Stewart, Spiner, and, as a television and film director, Frakes. Brooks had a distinguished career before and after Trek.

But for most players in a Trek series, think Koenig.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Terry Farrell is doing quite well on Becker. The Dead Zone looks like it's got legs so Nicole deBoer will be employed at least another year. Michael Dorn seems to show up every now and then as bit/voice characters so he's working somewhat regularly. Kate Mulgrew has been around a long time - no doubt she'll find other work.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Terry Farrell is doing quite well on Becker.
Well, she was. Nancy Travis has replaced her in the cast.

Did Nicole deBoer ever wind up dong a guest shot on that show? I seem to remember Farrell saying that it would be a great in-joke to have her show up as Reg's sister or such.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nicole deBoer, I really wish we'd had another season of Ezri. Halfway through she REALLY gelled into the character and just as she was gettting VERY interesting to watch the show ended

Don't forget the endless $15 autographs at Star Trek cons!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And before B5, what kinds of roles did Koenig land? Anybody here remember something that's best forgotten, The Starlost? :)

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Starlost?
Yes, I remember it. I live in Canada so it would air in re-runs here periodically.
Pretty cheesy, although the premise was somewhat interesting, they clearly had about only $28 for sets and special effects.
I remember watching it and thinking - "where's his russian accent?":D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Colm Meaney has VERY steady work, a lot of theater. In fact he had to back out of a huge anniversary ST con that literally virtually everyone was at because he had a play (and a new TV series now)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so my earlier statement vis. only the ST leads surviving as working actors has been poicked apart successfully. So let me add to it by noting LeVar Burton's continued success.

Of course, James Doohan is a noted star of the stage and screen, and among the most gifted and versatile actors in the history of acting itself. Up there with Olivier.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Next week: the Romulans enter the picture.

Continuity challenge: In TOS episode "Balance of Terror", it is made clear that no visual ship-to-ship communication was available at the time of the first Romulan encounter, "so no Romulan, human or ally has ever seen the other," as Spock put it.

Speculations, anyone? Could it be that we had visual capabilities, but they didn't?

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Continuity challenge: In TOS episode "Balance of Terror", it is made clear that no visual ship-to-ship communication was available at the time of the first Romulan encounter, "so no Romulan, human or ally has ever seen the other," as Spock put it.
B&B are well aware of that, according to comments they've made. The bigger challenge is that the ship in Balance of Terror is supposed to be the first Romulan ship with a cloak, which we see in the preview for Minefield (this week's episode). Let the continuity arguments begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks