Ready for *ENTERPRISE* season 2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rex Bachmann, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    FYI and FWIW:
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...07/09/11.00.tv
    9:00am ET, 9-July-02
    "Enterprise Season Premiere Set"
    Enterprise started up production last month on its second season, which is scheduled to debut on UPN Sept. 18 with "Shockwave, Part II," the conclusion to the first-season cliffhanger finale, the official Trek Web site reported. Cast and crew returned from hiatus to start shooting a second-season episode called "Carbon Creek," which included two days of location shooting. Production of "Shockwave, Part II," will begin shortly.
    Enterprise co-creator Brannon Braga, meanwhile, told the official Star Trek: Communicator magazine that season two will deal with the Temporal Cold War story arc and added that the founding of the Federation will be a theme at some point [my emphasis], according to a report on the TrekWeb fan site. "We've mapped out a great deal of the [Temporal Cold War] arc and want to make sure that every time we do it, you learn something very tantalizing," Braga told the magazine.
    So, you see, it's all mapped out. Simply "tantalizing"!

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Wow, "Enterprise" became irrelevent quickly. Sure, maybe I'll be interested again once "Farscape" isn't showing new episodes anymore, but, man, I can't even say that "how will Berman & Braga screw it up?" is ahead of "how will Robert Wolfe's replacements screw 'Andromeda' up?" for morbid curiosity.

Seriously - there's just no anticipation here. It's not negative as with "Voyager", but, really, how many of would really miss "Enterprise" if it didn't come back for a second year?

3. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann
    Jason Seaver wrote:

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Nah. People tend to just respond "yes" or "no" to rhetorical questions in the Polls section. [​IMG]

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Oh, don't get me started about the "Polls" section (Jason, have been there lately? Hardly any polls).

6. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

8. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

9. Jack Briggs

10. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I also have lost interest in Enterprise. At first I thought I was just all Trekked out; but the preview for the next ST movie got me all jazzed up.
    And unlike everyone else, I enjoy Voyager reruns more than than catching the newest Enterprise episode. [​IMG]

11. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

12. Jack Briggs

Let's take a poll about which of the two most recent series we dislike the most. No, better: Let's start a tournament! [​IMG]

13. DougWright

DougWright Stunt Coordinator

I, for one I guess, look forward to a potential long running story arc. That is what I loved so much about DS9.

14. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy the characters of Trip, Phlox, T'Pol, Phlox's girlfriend, and sometimes the weapons guy gets to do something too.

Archer is ok. Hoshi is good but they never come up with anything for her to do anymore, and the African American actor at the helm can't act at all (or else he's getting really bad direction, being told to act childish. He's like Wesley without the brains).

15. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

16. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Secret tape of Brannon Braga & Rick Berman during a Season 2 "bull session"---
    "Oh, and let's throw in a few more scenes of T'Pol in various stages of undress and/or tight clothing... while the fanboys are drooling and hitting the pause and rewind buttons on their Tivo's for forty minutes (minus commercials) they'll forget that there's no real plot."
    "Yeah, that'll work!"... [sound of hand slapping head] "Why didn't we think of that before??"
    "Oh, and who gets to wear the rubber Vulcan ears today on the set, and who'll be the lucky writer who gets to fuck around with Roddenberry's original backstory?" [muffled guffaws]
    [sound of paper shuffling around]
    [in whiny kid-like voice] "Darn it! I never get picked to wear the Vulcan ears!"
    "Shut up, Braga!"
    [​IMG]
    Dan

17. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

18. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

The unfortunate thing is that the macrostory gets turned into the full series macrostory. I'd much rather see seasonal macrostories, ala Buffy/Angel and the likes. I certainly don't tire of a series that says, "This season, here's our story". I mean, I watch dozens of anime series a year that way, where each series is on average 26 episodes plotted from beginning to end to tell one cohesive story with some "filler" in there to flesh out characters. Give me that over 5 year arcs that simply can't be done right for the most part, unless you're coming from a novel adaptation.

19. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

20. Stephen_Opipari

Stephen_Opipari Stunt Coordinator

Stephen
    LOL, You know there is a fan fiction called "The Doctor and The Enterprise" from way back. Somthing about the 4th Doctor meeting up with ST:TOS. I think it's freely available on the web. [​IMG]