Energy Veritas and Monitor Audio Gold Ref.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by matthew, Oct 25, 2003.

1. matthew

matthew Agent

Ive narrowed my decision of speakers down to the Energy Veritas 2.4's and the Monitor Audio Gold Ref. 60's. I will be using them for both HT and music so I need a good all around speaker. I will also be matching the front with the matching center, rears, etc. I am using all parasound Halo equipment so I would have adequate power going to the speakers. Does anyone have any input on either one of these speakers? I am kind of leaning towards the Monitor's as the Energy's are a little too laid back for my taste. If anyone has had any experience or input on these speakers I would appreciate it.

2. Matt Parsons

Matt Parsons Stunt Coordinator

"I am kind of leaning towards the Monitor's as the Energy's are a little too laid back for my taste."

Both are great quality speakers. Go with what YOU hear - that's all that matters.

Good Luck and enjoy!

3. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

Well i'm a big fan of the Veritas line and I think they have a much more refined top end than Monitor Audio so I guess that could sound laid back but a tweeter that's smoother will give you just as much detail as a peaky one it just takes some time to get used to it. It's your ears though so go with what sounds best to you.

4. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I agree with Scott's above post.
    I've had a pair of the 2.2 with the 2.0C for about 6 weeks and at first thought they were too laid back but began to notice how smooth and detailed they are. VERY nice....
    A couple of years ago, due to the rave reviews of MA, I bought a full set of the "i" series and was sadly disappointed. I posted several times on various forums about how they were the first ones disconnected from our A-B testing against several other speakers...... but they were the most expensive of the ones we were testing.

The Veritas would be my choice by far........