What's new

Energy Veritas and Monitor Audio Gold Ref. (1 Viewer)

matthew

Agent
Ive narrowed my decision of speakers down to the Energy Veritas 2.4's and the Monitor Audio Gold Ref. 60's. I will be using them for both HT and music so I need a good all around speaker. I will also be matching the front with the matching center, rears, etc. I am using all parasound Halo equipment so I would have adequate power going to the speakers. Does anyone have any input on either one of these speakers? I am kind of leaning towards the Monitor's as the Energy's are a little too laid back for my taste. If anyone has had any experience or input on these speakers I would appreciate it.

Matt Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
"I am kind of leaning towards the Monitor's as the Energy's are a little too laid back for my taste."

Both are great quality speakers. Go with what YOU hear - that's all that matters.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Scott_N

Second Unit
Well i'm a big fan of the Veritas line and I think they have a much more refined top end than Monitor Audio so I guess that could sound laid back but a tweeter that's smoother will give you just as much detail as a peaky one it just takes some time to get used to it. It's your ears though so go with what sounds best to you.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I agree with Scott's above post.
I've had a pair of the 2.2 with the 2.0C for about 6 weeks and at first thought they were too laid back but began to notice how smooth and detailed they are. VERY nice....
A couple of years ago, due to the rave reviews of MA, I bought a full set of the "i" series and was sadly disappointed. I posted several times on various forums about how they were the first ones disconnected from our A-B testing against several other speakers...... but they were the most expensive of the ones we were testing.

The Veritas would be my choice by far........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks