What's new

elite vsx 49tx + jbl s412p=?? questions (1 Viewer)

RobertGeo

Agent
to start i have a pioneer vsx d3s rec. from 1995. i think i got my use out of it. its time to upgrade so here it goes-
i have been looking at the elite vsx 49 tx. now i listin to alot more music then i do watching movies but would like to start getting into the movie side a little more as i have some more free time now. i have listined to the jbl s412p speakers and like the way they sound. so im thinking im going with the s412p's. im also thinking of going with either the jbls38's or the 36's and the jbl s center. i want to get into dvd-a and i just bought a sacd unit. i have about 50 dvd's but im just not happy with the sound from my old rec. so since we have the speakers out of the way my question is what should i do? i have always liked the pioneer line. :emoji_thumbsup: at 2500 plus dollars should i go a diffrent route? i should add that i do have digital cable/direct tv/ vcr's/ ect...
i have done lots of searching on the elite vsx 49tx and it all was positive except for a shut-down prob. (it has to do with the volume set high and 99% of us would never listin that way) i did a search on this forum but only came up with 3 threads. im looking to keep whatever i buy around for the next 4-5 years. (ok, maybe seven) thanks for all your help, rob

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I don't think you should have a problem with shutdown with that receiver. Those speakers have an impedance of 8ohms... most people who have had the shutdown problem have had 4 or 6ohm speakers. Also, the 12" driver is self powered, so your receiver is not doing as much work.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Robert,
The Pioneer is an incredible piece of gear.
You can shut down any amplifier by overdriving it and I would expect that with the speakers you are considering, this will not present a problem.
Pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed with this receiver...guaranteed:)
Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks