What's new

Elektra announced (preview now available) (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
resurrected from the dead

http://www.accesshollywood.com/enter...47/detail.html

But for Jennifer, there are more important things to worry about. Besides "13 Going On 30," movie superstardom awaits Garner with the upcoming "Elektra," a spin-off of her "Daredevil" character, expected out in 2005.

A coy Jennifer hinted that there were some surprises in store for the "Elektra" movie.

"There will be a twist to the story that I think you wouldn't expect," Jennifer revealed to Pat.

Perhaps, maybe some cameo appearances from "Daredevil" co-stars Ben Affleck or Colin Farrell?

"I wish!" she replied.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/

Elektra has set up shop at Lions Gate Film Studios (aka Northshore Studios) in North Vancouver and has set production dates of May 3rd thru July 15th 2004. SAI Productions Ltd is the production companies name and Brent O'Conner (Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, Good Will Hunting) is currently listed as Executive Producer. Renowned Vancouver Production Designer Graeme Murray (The X-Files, Smallville, Wiseguy) has been hired along with Production Manager Simon Abbott

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.annies-biz.com/scripts/ru...03260421237504

Jennifer Garner says she will have "a female foil" in Elektra, her Daredevil spinoff set to film in May. "I'm getting ready to train to battle Typhoid Mary," she says.

Elektra producer Gary Foster, who with co-producer Avi Arad helped choose the supervillain, says, "Typhoid Mary is a psychotic. By day she's this normal woman, and at night she loses her mind and drives you into this disease, where you literally get typhoid."

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm glad they're using an adversary from the comics. I hate it when spin-offs of such films use crappy store-bought villains (like Supergirl and Catwoman.)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
In related news, The Hollywood Reporter says ER doc Goran Visnjic is in talks to join Elektra. Jennifer Garner and Terence Stamp star for director Rob Bowman. Production kicks off next month in Vancouver.

THR reveals that, in this film, title character Elektra Natchios is "a beautiful and deadly assassin who was trained by the Hand, a clan of mystical ninjas. When she turns her back on them, they want her dead. Elektra is assigned to kill Visnjic's character by the Hand over something his grandfather did; however, she ends up falling for him."
this, to me, has a lot of potential
Typhoid Mary looks pretty smoking as well (although i can't help feeling she looks more like an Elektra to me than Garner does)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Paul, thanks for posting that picture of Typhoid Mary. Holy crap...I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. :D

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
:laugh:

At this point in my life, Typhoid Mary can give me anything she wants...although it would probably kill me.

Now my mind is straying a bit to the dark side...having thoughts about other female nemisis like Onatopp from Goldeneye :D

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
I really hope they don't downplay Elektra's... erm... mental instability. It's one of the more interesting aspects of the character.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
DD fell apart the moment Elektra and Bullseye started their roof jumping sequences.

I was willing to buy DD's dive off the building down to the window washing rig - even though his sense are heightened - he still possesses normal strength.

However when these 2 other characters begin to exhibit superhuman strength with no valid explanation - so sorry - the bubble burst.

If they continue in this vein in the Elektra movie my interest will stay low.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Shit, after crap-fests like Van Helsing, movies like DD and Elektra will be held up as masterpieces and come off as extremely believable when it comes to the abilities of non or semi-superhumans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks