What's new

Elektra announced (preview now available) (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't this movie already known about? It was part of the deal to get her to do Daredevil.

What will she do in this one?

James T

Screenwriter
I knew it was all part of the deal for the Electra movie and the DD sequels, but the average movie watcher won't know anything about the contracts the actors signed. Basically, what I'm saying is, doesn't this ruin the near ending of DD? Couldn't they have waited a little bit longer before making the announcement?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it ruins the ending, since it certainly looks like Elektra has assumed room temperature.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The ending of DD is not really ruined. They didn't leave a set up for a sequel for them to pursue if they wanted to, they left BIG clues that Elektra didn't die. Either way, her character wasn't killed off at the end.

And I think the little dialogue between Daredevil and Kingpin sets things up nicely for a sequel.

James T

Screenwriter
I meant for people who haven't watched the movie yet. If I'm watching it for the first time this weekend and I see(through Matt's senses) Electra's heart stop beating, and after the attack from Bullseye, I'd expect her dead (until about 20 mins later). It's not like the Sixth Sense where there are clues laid out from the start of the movie to the end that foreshadows Electra surviving an attack from Bullseye.

At least Jimmy Kimmel said "Go watch Conan for a couple minutes..." while he discussed the Electra survives ending with Jennifer Garner.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
What I don't get about the ending is that after DD "sees" her heart stop beating and goes after Bullseye as he's leaving some cops burst through the door to the roof. Now I'm guessing it's common procedure for them to check the body on the floor to determine if the person was still alive or not. So them doing this would mean that Elektra is dead yet the ending somehow hints that she's still alive. Guess I'll have to watch the movie again when I get the dvd since I won't be seeing it more than once in the theater. Hopefully I just missed something or wasn't paying attention.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
What I don't get about the ending is that after DD "sees" her heart stop beating and goes after Bullseye as he's leaving some cops burst through the door to the roof. Now I'm guessing it's common procedure for them to check the body on the floor to determine if the person was still alive or not. So them doing this would mean that Elektra is dead yet the ending somehow hints that she's still alive. Guess I'll have to watch the movie again when I get the dvd since I won't be seeing it more than once in the theater. Hopefully I just missed something or wasn't paying attention.
Two explanations:

A. She trained her body so that she could make her heart stop.

B. She was revived, Im sure there were paramedics.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Why does she have to be alive to be in her own movie. It could be unrelated, or a prequel. Either way, good news!
But if she is alive, it spoils Daredevil's atmosphere.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
But if she is alive, it spoils Daredevil's atmosphere
How? They pretty much say she's alive in the movie. Up until the very end, you're not sure if she's alive or not, and you're led to believe she isn't, so I can understand how the mood set then is important, but the end of the movie with the necklace says she's alive.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
LennyP-

There is a scene in the movie where DareDevil (forget his name) says something about how her necklace should be in braille. At the end, he finds a necklace, and it's in braille.

That's the big hint.

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Elektra was planned well before the role was even cast. An adaptation Elektra: Assassin has been circulating for a long time, and was seen as an even more likely cadidate for film treatment then Daredevil .

It was pretty obvious that they kept the ending open (open to accusations of cop-outtitude.) in order to keep a fracnhise going.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Miller definately needs someoen working wth him on screenplays. He's an amazing comic writer, but his movies leave MUCH to be desired

James T

Screenwriter
What is the Hand? I never bought a Daredevil comic before the movie. My first comic was the graphic novel where DD's identity is discovered by the tabloids.

Also, what other graphic novels can you reccomend?

Miller definately needs someoen working wth him on screenplays. He's an amazing comic writer
I take it you missed out on Dark Knight Returns 2, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks