What's new

EEK! Scary (Steel Battallion related) (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
That would be cool if they started to release special editions of this game, like a Gundam version or an Evangelion version
Last I read Capcom was licensing the technology for the controller so who knows, you may actually see the next Gundam game or even an Evangelion game using a controller very similiar to this one...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I will have to think long and hard at $250

At $150, I can probably swing it

I am VERY positive it's a typo tho. Capcom is not stupid, and they know it'd never move here at that SRP

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
There is a market out there for it and it WILL sell out.
Of course it'll sell out...all 20 of them :) But at $250 a pop? Not here it won't. I bet they only ship 1 to the major stores and non unless ordered specifically. Would be a waste of money to have a shelf of these out there.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think they know going in that they're not going to sell tens of thousands

They make the US controllers in Japan at the same time as the Japanese run, crate them up and ship them here. Like Samba de Amigo maracas, limited run maximum fun for the fanboy market.

Don't forget, they're selling the controller basically at COST

Damien

Supporting Actor
is it out in Japan? if it is maybe the import shops will have some, but I doubt they'd sell them much cheaper than here, so that leaves ordering it overseas. The big question is: will the japan controller work with the american game, that is kind of unlikely

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
I hope this game doesn't completely blow - or some of you are going to have LOADS of regret. If you thought $50 was too much for a lousy game...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I hope this game doesn't completely blow - or some of you are going to have LOADS of regret
Nope, I'll simply return it (as I do with any game that I find is "of the poop";) )
Besides that the previews have been quite positive and the game is getting good word of mouth.
I of course can't comment on the final quality of the game but I have a gut feeling the game will be of high quality...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's out in Japan September 5th, currently most import shops have it for $250 because of the extreme shipping cost from Japan

If you've ever ordered something from Japan, it costs $10-12 if you want it to arrive in less than a month. And that's for a small package of a few DVDs. Once you go over a certain size (say a small shoebox) that price triples.

The Steel Battalion box is approx 3 feet wide x 1.5ft tall x 2ft deep and weighs at least 6-7 pounds(probably closer to 10). Do the math on shipping

At least in Japan, the game is only coming in the 1 package with the controller

THe Japanese controller will work on a US XBox, however the game will not w/o a modchip

James D S

Screenwriter
Ouch! $250 is gonna hurt like a mutha... But what the hey, I'm young... I'll heal.

I'm interested to hear more about those who've jumped on with Capcom and plan to do games for this massive controller. I'm not totally opposed to spending that kind of money for the right game (Hell, I purchased a coin-op of Mortal Kombat because none of the console versions recreated the arcade feel worth a darn) but I would sleep a little better if I knew other, worthy games were headed to the Box in support of Capcom's giant.

I guess I better start saving...

Damien

Supporting Actor
since I only own one console, I'd still rather buy a PS2 with extras instead, it will be a hard sell to parents, especially since the economy is so low. At $150 it is not nearly as painful as $250, where I would have to make some sacrifices.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Indeed that is a dark sign......

I'm sure the press and the fanboys are going to get all over them for the price discrepency tho.

Damien

Supporting Actor
this game has to score at least an 11 across the board, especially since nothing else at this moment will be compatible with the controller

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This seems like one of those games that is going to be widely acclaimed unless it feels more like a demo than an actual game or it has some really bad bugs. The concept alone is going to score it some 10s.

James D S

Screenwriter
I'm sure the press and the fanboys are going to get all over them for the price discrepency tho.
As well they should.

I'm hoping this is just over-conservative pricing on the part of these sites - So as not to offend in the worst case scenario that this set will indeed come in at a high price as opposed to the earlier, lower-priced estimates.

Damn, damn, damn...

then again, this could be a ploy to ignite interest. As in, people get used to seeing this set priced at $250, then voila!, a new lower price is announced. Then more people may jump on the set initially than might otherwise, thinking they are getting a deal.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
An outcry against the price would be great. I'd like it to see it at a lower price, but seeing it at $250 is better than not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks