What's new

EEK! Scary (Steel Battallion related) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No word on US retail price. I check at least once a week EbWorld is still listing it at $250, but there is NOTHING on Capcom's web site

Until Capcom lists it, nothing is official

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Well, If y'all are interested, Both Gamestop & EBgames.com are having online 10% off pre-orders today - I pre-ordered this from Gamestop for about $240 delivered next day.

Might be worth doing - I am sure that if the retail is less, they'll probably change the price. I can always just re-order it for a lower price I guess. Still, it's a good deal.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Some Japanese sales figures for you guys to mull over. This was reported at several sites:
Steel Battallion sales
Sales for the week are looking decent for Steel Battallion. I thank the game will do rather well in the US. The hardcore will eat up the controller to the point that it will be very hard to find and those that don't want to take the full plunge can by the game separetly. Kudos to Capcom for an extremeley damn cool game concept!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I want some Steel Batallion!

Now with Orta out of the way this is my #1 most wanted game of the Xmas season 2002.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Check out this thread over at teamxbox forums for lots of pics of various setups: Link Removed
Holy cow! I mean, I thought the controller was big - but it's totally different seeing it in someone's setup. Wow! My girlfriend is going to have a cow - she thought my DC steering wheel was big/in the way (but she did buy it for me. :)) At any rate, WOW!

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Oh - and that pic with the Front projector - WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!

If any of you have ever played at the Battletech simulators - like at Navy Pier in Chicago - this game is gonna be about the coolest thing I've ever seen...

Anyone know if it's 16x9 ready does it have 5.1 sound??? I know what I'm doing all December!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
That is the most ridiculous, over-the-top, insane, unthinkable, monstrous video game accessory I have ever seen, and I have to have one. :D
Those pics of the front-projector setup sent chills down my spine. FPTV is still just a dream for me, but I can only imagine what this will be like on a 58" RPTV, in a B&K-powered 7.1 system with twin SVS' shaking the room. I expect I will exit the room a different man than when I entered. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The Battletech Center is on the NAVY PIER?
#@$#$!#@%!#$!@#$!#%#!$!@$#!%
My brother and I asked all over where it was when I was in Chicago in 2000. At age 8 when it opened, we vowed one day we would go there, and there we were in 2000, couldn't find the @#$#$# thing, tried the phone book etc (since found out it was renamed) and we were AT THE FREAKING PIER to see Weird Al!
DAMMNIT!
Guess what Jeff is taking to the Scoot Drive-In next time Scooter has a party? Bwaahh!! SB on 20ft screen in HD! :)
And the game is DEFINATELY 5.1. I saw a pic of the game disc and the usual chart was on it

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Is anyone importing this? Any info on the 16x9?

Jeff - You've got to go do the simulator. I've done it 2-3 times and had a blast. It's pretty cool getting into a cockpit to play a video game... Though, with Steel Battallion, I guess someone will probably build their own simulator...

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Myself and 2 other friends flew up to Chicago just to check out the Battletech center, several years ago.
They were using high powered Macs to run the system. Of course, then, the graphics were killer. I hope to hell that they've upgraded since then!!!
It was pretty cool climbing into a cockpit and playing head to head. All the neat switches and button! :laugh:
I think Steel Battalion will be superior. Is there going to be online play? This game is screaming for it...

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Online play will come in the next version or add-on pack, but they are working on it!

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Online play will come in the next version or add-on pack, but they are working on it!
Sweet! I would hate to have this kick butt controller and think that I'll never have another ame to play with it or that I won't at least be able to hunt a few of y'all down online. :)
What are the current sales #'s in Japan? I have to think that Tekki is really opening some eyes of games over there to the potential of the Xbox.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I hate to tell you, but I'm betting many Japanese will buy an XBox and Tekki. Play it to death and sell both to a used shop. Same thing happened with N64 and Zelda

Jay W

Supporting Actor
oh boy, this is looking more and more attractive all the time, if it does hit at around $150 I will seriously consider it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks