What's new

EEK! Scary (Steel Battallion related) (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Well, EBworld.com is now taking preorders for Capcoms Mech game that is so well known for its 40 button controller.
here is the link:
Link Removed
249.99!?
Thats quite the hefty price. Only the hardcore of hardcore will be getting this bad boy. (I will still be getting it:D but thats cause I'm insane). Of course please take this with a grain of salt, there has as of yet been no official announcement from Capcom on the pricing so we'll have to wait and see.
Gamers will have the option of buying the game without the controller from reports that I have read. So those not willing to spend the dough can still experience Steel Battallion.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
man, and i thought i was insane for buying that GT3 wheel.
Funy thing about it is i was able to resell it on Ebay for more than what i paid for it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Funy thing about it is i was able to resell it on Ebay for more than what i paid for it.
...and that is one of the main reasons that I am buying this outright when its released. Not to say that I plan on reselling it later (I rarely sell anything game related period) but I dont want to have to pay some ridiculously exhorbant price on Ebay in the future (You know once this is no longer on shelves it will fetch damn near 500 alone on Ebay).

Oscar_R

Second Unit
a little off-topic, but i have a feeling the same thing will happen with the PS2 ethernet adapter.....

Oscar_R

Second Unit
(You know once this is no longer on shelves it will fetch damn near 500 alone on Ebay).
or how about the Dreamcast "Twin Sticks" for Virtual -On !?!?!

people were reverting to buying old sega saturn ones for the first one and modying it for the dreamcast version.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
ouch!!!! 250??? I may buy 2 (sell one later) just to pay for the first one! still, this is going to be a must buy... Well, for everyone on my X_mas list that is.. :D

Damien

Supporting Actor
capcom is nuts, they believe that a game with a controller that retails more then the console it plays on will sell. Damn i really was looking forward to this, the movies look unreal. Look how much MS is losing with each box, capcom could do the same thing. I really hope that they'll sell it sans that monster controller, i'd get it over almost any game. I need that $250 dollars for 5 other games. but i do understand people who are planning to get it, that will become one of the bigger collectors item on the system, it would be smart for them to release a limited supply. I also think the starting the ignition process seems really well done, that's why i hope it goes down to the $160 Japan price

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
capcom is nuts, they believe that a game with a controller that retails more then the console it plays on will sell.
For years, gamers have been asking for the game specific peripherals from Japan to be released over here. In the past couple of years, we've finally gotten them - the likes of Samba's maracas, DDR from Konami & now the Tekki controller... There is a market out there for it and it WILL sell out.

Just like the Samba maracas.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I guess that figure this won't sell to casual gamers at a reasonalbe price point (anywhere under 100 bucks) and hard-core gamers will probably buy it at any price, so why not charge $250? (if you're them.) I may not like it, but there is a certain logic to it.

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Well, I was willing to spend up to $200 for it, so I guess the other $50 won't hurt to much. I really hope that they make a sequel and that it's online, because that would be awesome.

There is a market out there for it and it WILL sell out.
Couldn't agree more Brian

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
For years, gamers have been asking for the game specific peripherals from Japan
This is very true in allot of ways. Allot of gamers become very jealous and even downright venomous at times when the Japanese or European markets get these kinds of peripherals and/or (and especially) the super collectors editions like Metal Gear Solid 2 or Xenosaga. Now we are finally starting to see product of this nature filter into the US. Its great.
I'll personally plunk my money down to prove that there is a market for this kind of stuff, among the reasons listed above. Insanity being the foremost:D
(I'm still trying to track down the Silent Hill 2 SE released in Europe!:angry:)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'm guessing that's wrong

The street price in Japan is $160. And Capcom reps said $150 was the US target

The IMPORT is $250 most places, because of the enormous shipping cost, and that's what they may be basing their pricing on

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
And Capcom reps said $150 was the US target
Again as I noted above no "official" pricing has been announced as of yet so the preorder rate is subject to change.

I do agree Jeff that $150 was the price I was expecting and even those that are not "hardcore" so to speak have to admit that $150 is a *VERY* attractive price for the game and that monster of a controller!

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'll be getting it even if it is $250. Just looks too damn cool/fun.
I'd also have to agree that, perhaps in time, it will become a collectors item if many aren't manufactured.
If you can buy the game and still play it without the controller, I'd REALLY love to see how the hell it would work with the original Xbox controller!! :eek:

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'd REALLY love to see how the hell it would work with the original Xbox controller!!
Well the original controller and the 40 button controller are about the same size.:crazy:
Disclaimer: That was a joke. That was only a joke. Xboxers have no fear, I own one and like it. Please, I do not deserve to be flogged. Thank you.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sure, it's cool and all, but is the controller really worth $100?

Short answer, no. It's worth more than that. The fulfillment of a childhood dream is worth any price...up to $300.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
The fulfillment of a childhood dream ...
How times change. When I was a kid I wanted to invent things, or become an astronaut. Now I am an electrical engineer working for a company that designs sattelites. Got to wonder where your dream is going to take you. :D Of course for all I know Bill Gates had the same dream ...
Chris

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Well, I want this @ $150.00!!!!!
I can buy this at $150.00.
But......I'll spend the $250 if that is the case.
For the chance to pilot my own Getter Robo...:D
I must be nuts!
Oh,well,at least I know that Romier is nuttier than I ;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
That would be cool if they started to release special editions of this game, like a Gundam version or an Evangelion version....that would be SWEET!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks