What's new

Edward Scissorhands: Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Ron G

Grip
Found the new anniversary edition today & decided to pick it up.
They had no tins out, only the FS & WS versions.
Well, I got to the car & removed the slipcase,found that the exact 10th anniv. edition is underneath (same old cover and all) So....only the slipcase is new to this edition.

Ron

Ron G

Grip
Yep, same disc
New slipcover ....thats it.
But, I didnt see the tin (I think that comes with some photos enclosed)

Ron

Joel C

Screenwriter
Just for anyone confused, the old disc had both a Burton commentary and a Danny Elfman isolated score/commentary track.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
4.0 sound? That seems odd, as I recall EDWARD SCISSORHANDS was an early "Cinema Digital Sound" release, wasn't that format 5.1?

Vincent

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

It was, although the soundtrack surely could have been originally mixed with only 4.0 channels, and then mixed "up" to 5.1 by duplicating the mono surround channel and partioning off some of the LFE to the discrete channel.

I also believe that Edward Scissorhands was CDS in 70mm only, so the 5.1 mix done for CDS may have been a rough mix, with a final 35mm Dolby Stereo mix to follow, which was sourced from a final 4.0 mix. Either way, I could well imagine the engineers making a 4.0 mix with an eye towards dual compatibility: it could be mixed down to matrixed 2.0 Dolby Stereo, as well as mixed up to 5.1, as described above. In that case, the 4.0 mix may well be the preferred mix of the original crew, and what Burton signed off on (if he did so at all).

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks