What's new

Edward Scissorhands: Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

To attract new fans of Burton/Depp, as well as older fans who have not yet picked it up and are reminded of how much they like Burton/Depp by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride. If you already own the disc, this re-release isn't for you.

DJ

RyanAn

Screenwriter

That slipcover alone makes me want it. :)

Magnus, as for the butterfly, if I am not mistaken, does'nt Edward encounter one during the movie? Right before he is brought into town?

Ryan

Mark Lucas

Second Unit

If you're a Burton fan and you haven't picked up the very nicely priced 10th Anniversary Edition that has been on the shelf for the past 4-5 years then I'm not sure what to make out of that. So far the only ones this is attracting is fans that have too much shelf space and butterfly enthusiasts.
:D

John*P

Second Unit
I love this movie, but I'm going to pass on this new release, as it seems to be the exact same disc I already own.

I agree with the person who said the Burton commentary for this film is terrible...one of the most boring, uninformative tracks I've ever heard.

As for the butterfly on the cover, I don't think there is a butterfly in the movie. (could be wrong) I think it is just showing something beautiful that Edward cannot touch. (similar to the way he can't "hold" Winona at the end of the film)

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator
sucks that its only a 4.0 soundtrack.

I only have PC speakers where the satallites do not have full range. So i will have to downmix this to Stereo to get bass redirection.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

Or lazy like me. :) I still think is masterpiece is Pee Wee's Big Adventure, but Edward Scissorhands would make a fine addition.

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
Whoa. That's kind of an incentive to pick up this new disc. A commentary where Burton actually talks about his film, without 20 min gaps. Where on DVDFile is this mentioned? Their site is so badly designed.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I heard about the new commentary for both tim burton and danny elfman.. not sure it was true or not. maybe since tim was working with depp on charlie.. perhaps they have recorded something together?

JACOB

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Apparently, the point is to grab poor Ron by his ankles, flip him over, and shake him until US$15-20 falls out. :)

...unless of course there is a new commentary, in which case my ankles and money may be involved as well.

Regards,

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
So it's the EXACT same disc other than a new commentary? I guess Burton wouldn't give them a "Director's Cut".

AlexHL

Stunt Coordinator
Any new info on this release? I also noticed that some etailers only have 1 version up for pre-order, contrary to the aforementioned three.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks