What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Early Hitchcock Best DVD Print for Number Seventeen (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Since I know there are insiders and other experts who read posts I am looking for a decent transfer for the film Number 17 and have the Madacy DVD which on my player is anamorphic widescreen and its cropped.
I saw Studio Canal has a version in France and there is a box set from them in the UK ...
Any early Hitchcock fans out there that have suggestion for the best DVD release of the movie Number Seventeen,,,Sometimes I wonder if Criterion might have this (?) but at least in the USA so far its very much public domain and the budget companies have all put out crummy transfers of the films..
We can also talk other EH movies and the best prints for them as well for those who are into his early films like the Skin Game etc

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
If you don't mind the whirred-up speed caused by PAL, and can play region 2 discs, StudioCanal released the best picture-quality NUMBER 17 (1932) in THE EARLY HITCHCOCK COLLECTION:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KRMZMY/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

That's the only edition of the film I'd recommend.

I also have it in Mill Creek and Westlake Entertainment sets which aren't too bad. Good enough to get to know the film and to enjoy it.

Proper transfers of NUMBER 17, THE SKIN GAME (1931) and THE SECRET AGENT (1936) are long overdue in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks