What's new

DVI cable review and ranking. (1 Viewer)

Timothy.G

Auditioning
Hi everyone.

Following is my unbiased personal review of 4 DVI cables that I have tested on my upcoming future HT equipment. I want the best cable that will allow me to upgrade my projector in the future without having snow or vertical lines at future higher resolutions.

I have an HTPC with ATI All in One 9800 series and an Optoma H76. I watched a DVD while monitoring the black columns on the sides or black scenes in the movie.

The following is from worst to best, tested @ 1600 by 1200 @60hz.

Lindy 41244 7.5M DVI Monitor Cable - The Optoma had great difficulty syncing in. When it did the picture appeared to be more than 50% snow with bright distinct solid green vertical lines.

Ram Electronics DVS-23 - Much much better than the Lindy. Had faint red vertical lines.

My Cable Shop CFDD-D20 - Slightly better than the RAM with blue lines that appeared half as bright as the Ram's red ones.

Home Theater Marketplace, Audioquest 7.5M DVI Cable - No lines in the black areas. Appears to be the best cable... a keeper.

I had great on-line experiences with all but Home Theater Marketplace. They charged me for 2 to 3 day shipping, lost my order, I had to ask where it was a week later, and then they sent it and still charged the same for shipping.

Hope you found this review helpful in your endeavor for the best possible HT experience.

Regards,
Tim
"Closet HT perfectionist and connoisseur"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks