What's new

Counting Down the Days to DLP (1 Viewer)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Ah... Finally made the jump and ordered the 43in Sammy DLP. I've been thinking about it for a long time now, and decided that dreaming about it now ranked as semi-obsessive.. it was time.

I know what you're thinking, why buy the 43in when the 46in is coming out in a few months. The way I looked at it, the 43in is just the right size for my living room. I feel like the 46in would be a little too big. Other considerations were price. I know they said initially that the 46in would be $3499-$3699 depending on Tantus or not, which at the time was the same price as the 43in. BUT, I couldn't help but notice that Best Buy brought their price down, and Sears price matches, so I picked up the set for under $3000 pre-tax. I did buy the service contract, in hopes that the bulb will go out in the 5 years the contract is for, so I can get a fresh bulb before it expires, as well as piece of mind over the next 5 years.

Also bought the 5 disc Sony Progressive DVD Player so that I can replace my 2nd generation Toshiba and my Sony 5 disc CD player at one time. Bought the 6.1 JBL speaker package with 100w sub (even though I only have 5.1 for now, planning ahead). I would have liked to buy the Samsung DVD with DVI and the next package up on the JBLs, but figure that's good for now. (Plus, my wife is being cool with everything so I don't want to press my luck.)

Can't wait until Thursday when the TV arrives, and the Digital Cable with HD converter come in. (If only Wrestlemania was in HD :thumbsdown: ) Ahh... Just needed to get this all off my chest. As with most DLP owners, I'll post a review at a later time, I know that the countless posts I read over the months and months helped in the decision.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks