What's new

Dvd's on Ebay? (1 Viewer)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Sniping program is a program that bids on your behalf a few seconds before the auction closes. Check out eSnipe, I'm sure there are some standalone programs as well.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
I sell quite a few Dvd's at amazon, I'm either upgrading , got dups, or there promo/gifts . I prefer amazon because the price is set, so there ia no bidding wars.
bodym:cool:v'n

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
Personally, I use HammerSnipe. Its the only one I have tried, but it works good enough for me.

Every week I might add 30-50 items to the 'snipe list', and forget about it. I usually only win 2 or 3 of those, but I usually set my max bid very low. Plus, many were the same DVD. The Snipe program can automatically cancel the rest if you win one of them.

Alot of EBAY buyers dislike snipers/sniping, but I think the proxy bidding makes the point moot. You simply bid the highest amount your willing to pay. If you get sniped and loose the bid, then you should be happy for not ending up in a bidding war. Actually, sometimes you can figuire someones maxbid buy looking at the bid history. If his max bid is low, then I'll lower my snipe bid.

As mentioned above, its great for DVDs that end at odd times. I've also noticed that DVDs that end between 3am to 7am EST usually sell for less.

I like Amazon too. I've bought a few used DVDs from them. I like how you can easily pick the lowest price, and buy it instantly.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I use half.com alot. Since it now uses the ebay rating system you can get a better idea of how the seller is. You can also contact the seller directly, which you couldn't do before.

Just so happens I ordered the TNG Season 3 set for $74.99 off half.com in "VG" condition. The seller had over 1000 sales and only like 24 negatives in over a few years, and the balance were mostly positive. It arrived in 2 days (he sent it 1st Class and I only paid for mediamail), and the discs and box were in brand-new condition. No scuffs, no scratches, nada.

In fact, the Season1 that I ordered new from Samgoody arrived all crumpled at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks