What's new

DVD returns? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I was just wondering, since often stores will not let you return movies, what do you if the DVD you bought does not work on your DVD player or there is a defect with the DVD itself and you want to return the DVD and get the money back towards something else, maybe another movie. What do you do?
------------------
-Keith-

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
If a DVD is defective, you can easily exchange it for another copy of the same title.
Stores won't let you return opened copyrighted material, such as VHS, DVD, CDs and computer software, for a refund. This is to prevent people from just deciding they don't like a movie and returning it.
It makes sense to me. You know there are a lot of people out there who would abuse the system and end up using Best Buy as a rental outlet. And just imagine how many people would buy a music CD, burn it, then return the original.

Luis A

Second Unit
I've had only one instance when a dvd would not play or even load. I took it back to the store and exchanged it for the same title. However when I got home the new disc did the same thing, no play no load. I went back the next day and told the video dept. manager and explained that I didn't want to keep coming back and exchanging for the same title knowing that for some reason this title does not work with my player. He understood since he didn't want me going through his entire stock of that title, so he let me exchange for a different one. If the disc does not play then return it. If the new one doesn't play talk to the manager and let him know that if you have to exchange for the same title that you will most likely be returning it again, and again. I'm sure they will help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks