What's new

DVD Profiler where do you get this? (1 Viewer)

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
hello everyone. I have seen a lot of you use a computer program to index your DVD collections. Seeing as a myself have a vast collection I would like to start cataloging them just as a lot of you have.

Where did you get this program from? I think it is called DVD profiler...
here is a link to one of those such pages
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?al...pe=O&sc=C&ls=T

If anyone could help me it would be appreciated.
thank you in advance for your responces.

Stephane

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
With this program are you able to just type in the name of the dvd and store it? The only site I have ever used is dvdaficionado.com for it's simplicity but I would like to use something with a more graphic interface. I downloaded one that I believe wanted me to enter the serial # of every DVD I wanted to enter or scan it and I could not find a way to just type in the name of the dvd. Is that this program?

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron, I am not sure if this is the same program that you speak of, but since I just downloaded it and awayting my registration e-mail so I can set it up I will keep you posted.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron, this program is very easy to use. Even now I am starting to enter titles through the UPC codes. very easy very fast. :)

I would highly recomend that you download it and enter UPC codes , the Computer does the rest. It just uploaded the Cover pics and the rear jacket pic as well. So far I have not looked at the the hole program though.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Aarron, here I am 3 hours later after the download and would you believe that I now have all of my 247 DVD's cataloged. I never thought that it would be possible in such short a time. yes there may be a few ofther things that I have to take care of like languages DD or DTS but lets face it this was very quick and painless.

I hope that you follow my advice and download the program. Never had such a fun time cataloging before.

Stephane

Joel C

Screenwriter
Beware, DVD Profiler is a HUGE program. I finally deleted it when I realized it was taking up over 100 megs on my hard drive. I know many people have massive drives, but I only have 27 gigs, and nearly half of that is eaten up by Windows and Internet Explorer and Word and whatnot.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Stephane, all you need to do now is add the list of your DVD's to your signature file. Use the User Control Panel to do this.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Those few programs use half of 27 gigs? You must have your web browsing cache set way too large. I have a 12 GB hard drive and I have all the programs you mentioned, including DVD Profiler, as well as the rest of Office Professional, Adobe Photoshop and a few other large programs, as well as hundreds of hi-res digital photos and images and I only use 7 GB.

DVDProfiler is a great program...and it uses up 230MB on my machine, about 40 of which are cover images.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Neil are you talking about the control panel on the DVD profiler?

I am not use to this program yet. But you are correct that I do want to add my DVD list on my SiG. After that it will be creating a way for people to see the electronics that I have for my Home theater. My Room is far from being finished.

So those pics will have to wait for a long time. I just bought the house and I have way to many expenses to finish my room properly.

Thanks Neil in advance
Stephane

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Stephane:

No, Neil is talking about editing your profile so that you can add the link to your connection in your signature. You can do this site by going to the User Control Panel.

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Just chipping in on the "hard-disk space" issue: I have 1228 titles in my DVD Profiler collection, stored with "high-quality" (i.e., larger) cover images, and the entire program directory takes up 385 MB on my hard disk.

Of that, 197 MB is the "data" sub-directory holding disc profiles and 181 MB is the "images" sub-directory for the cover art. Meaning that the program itself only takes up about 7 MB.

doug

Joel C

Screenwriter
Those few programs use half of 27 gigs?
By "whatnot" I meant every program I have that isn't something like DVD Profiler that I don't really need. Photoshop, Final Draft, ect. ANd I have a lot of music and TV stored on here too. Not that that is the issue.

Terry St

Second Unit
Anyone know of a CD (Music) equivalent to DVD Profiler?
You might find something that will catalogue your collection in text only format, perhaps looking up CD info using CDDB. Such programs might also allow you to provide artwork via a scanner. There used to be an online database of CD artwork, but if I recall correctly, they couldn't afford the legal expenses needed to fight RIAA in order to stay open. If I recall correctly, RIAA wanted them shut down because people were "pirating" CD covers to go with their pirated mp3's.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Hello again, I just went to my profile and looked around a little. I saw some spaces to add links to my own website, but I do not have a website.

1)Does this mean that I cannot add my DVD collection as a link to my profile?

2)Assuming that I do not need a website, Where exactly do I input the address page on my profile to get it to show up are a link?

I will have to try this out at home of course as I am at work right now. Thank you for the help in advance.

Stephane

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply Stephane. I was wondering about how long it would take to put them in via upc code as I've got a little over 400 dvd's that are in a separate room from where my computer is.... But that's not too bad, I guess I'll go ahead and get started! Thanks!

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Is there any way to put the dvd's into this program without being forced to put in the date purchased, where purchased from, and price paid? I have no idea on 95% of these dvd's and don't feel like making up hundreds of fake purchase prices, date purchased, and from where.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks