What's new

DVD Profiler 4.0.0 is out. (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Windows version of DVDProfiler is magnificent. Which makes the crappy Android app all the more frustrating.

It is magnificent in what it does

It could use a UI update, though. I believe the app has remained mostly unchanged in appearance.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am still seeing a couple of issues, but they are not preventing me from using the application:

1. The app wanted to do a profile refresh today when I loaded it. When that starts, the process pauses, and there is an error dialog box that is buried behind the main pop-up dialog box. Pressing the ESC key gets past this error, and the profile refresh continues as normal.

2. The main page www.invelos.com still has the maintenance announcement on it.

Edit: clearing my browser cache seemed to fix #2.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I am still seeing a couple of issues, but they are not preventing me from using the application:

1. The app wanted to do a profile refresh today when I loaded it. When that starts, the process pauses, and there is an error dialog box that is buried behind the main pop-up dialog box. Pressing the ESC key gets past this error, and the profile refresh continues as normal.
That error states, "Unexpected end of file." You can grab the title bar of its dialog box and drag it out from behind the profile refresh dialog to see it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just started having a problem with my DVD Profiler.

My work flow is to scan bar codes on the Profiler app on my iPhone to add titles to my collection. I will then connect the app on my phone to the app on my PC and "Update database" so that all titles exist in both places.

However, as of today, I cannot sync the app on my phone with the app on my PC.

Nothing has changed (that I can think of) hardware or software wise (outside of any iOS updates).

I know to make sure the PC's IP address (and Port) are correct on the phone. But no go.

Any ideas?

[I do not use DVD Profiler online.]
My iPhone 11 has now updated to iOS 17.3.1

Still a no go with being able to update my collection in DVD Profiler from my phone's DVD Profiler.

I have double checked the IP address and the port. I made sure "Allow changes from remote clients" is checked. Access is granted over my subnet.

I can't figure out WHAT'S GOING ON! :angry:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My iPhone 11 has now updated to iOS 17.3.1

Still a no go with being able to update my collection in DVD Profiler from my phone's DVD Profiler.

I have double checked the IP address and the port. I made sure "Allow changes from remote clients" is checked. Access is granted over my subnet.

I can't figure out WHAT'S GOING ON! :angry:
This probably will not help (other than as sympathy), but I have never been able to get the desktop and Android phone versions of DVD Profiler to synch properly. In my case, no matter which quality setting I use, I cannot get all the cover art images to transfer to the phone if I transfer directly from PC to phone. I have resorted to uploading the collection from my PC to the online collection, and then from online to the phone. While this works, I do not get the cover art that I have scanned myself -- instead I get whatever is online.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This probably will not help (other than as sympathy), but I have never been able to get the desktop and Android phone versions of DVD Profiler to synch properly. In my case, no matter which quality setting I use, I cannot get all the cover art images to transfer to the phone if I transfer directly from PC to phone. I have resorted to uploading the collection from my PC to the online collection, and then from online to the phone. While this works, I do not get the cover art that I have scanned myself -- instead I get whatever is online.
The pisser is that I have NEVER had issues syncing up my phone with the PC version--always iPhones and Windows-based computers. And I've been a DVD Profiler user for a very long time.

Something just...changed. (I was really hoping the next iOS upgrade would nudge things back in order.)

I would try your method, Scott...except I have never used Profiler's online collection. I guess I could create an online collection. But the other system worked perfectly for me for many years.

No one else has had this shut down for them, huh?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
It is magnificent in what it does

It could use a UI update, though. I believe the app has remained mostly unchanged in appearance.

Agreed, the UI looks a bit dated but I have a hard time imagining an update that will give me the same amount of information and customization on the same screen real estate so I am choosing function over form.

What I usually do is that I browse on my ipad when I am in the room with the movies and when on my PC I am happy about the much bigger functionality that is available on the desktop version.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just started having a problem with my DVD Profiler.

My work flow is to scan bar codes on the Profiler app on my iPhone to add titles to my collection. I will then connect the app on my phone to the app on my PC and "Update database" so that all titles exist in both places.

However, as of today, I cannot sync the app on my phone with the app on my PC.

Nothing has changed (that I can think of) hardware or software wise (outside of any iOS updates).

I know to make sure the PC's IP address (and Port) are correct on the phone. But no go.

Any ideas?

[I do not use DVD Profiler online.]

I'm an idiot. I needed to reboot my PC to get my phone and PC to be able to connect. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks