What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

DVD Profiler 4.0.0 is out. (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just started having a problem with my DVD Profiler.

My work flow is to scan bar codes on the Profiler app on my iPhone to add titles to my collection. I will then connect the app on my phone to the app on my PC and "Update database" so that all titles exist in both places.

However, as of today, I cannot sync the app on my phone with the app on my PC.

Nothing has changed (that I can think of) hardware or software wise (outside of any iOS updates).

I know to make sure the PC's IP address (and Port) are correct on the phone. But no go.

Any ideas?

[I do not use DVD Profiler online.]

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I just started having a problem with my DVD Profiler.

My work flow is to scan bar codes on the Profiler app on my iPhone to add titles to my collection. I will then connect the app on my phone to the app on my PC and "Update database" so that all titles exist in both places.

However, as of today, I cannot sync the app on my phone with the app on my PC.

Nothing has changed (that I can think of) hardware or software wise (outside of any iOS updates).

I know to make sure the PC's IP address (and Port) are correct on the phone. But no go.

Any ideas?

[I do not use DVD Profiler online.]

If I had to guess it was an iOS update. Has happened to me with a bunch of apps that have stopped working at some point.

Sometimes it is possible to reboot everything and things start working again and then next I would try to first deinstall dvdprofiler, reboot the phone and install it again after the reboot.

If all fails you can get one of those, they seem to be between 10 and 40 dollars and I use both:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
DVD Profiler is down (again), but this time at least there's a little more information from Invelos about the cause:

1708790582586.png

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm getting nothing from invelos.com this morning. The page just times out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's really kinda impressive that someone is still keeping that ship afloat...even if any new software development has been given the heave-ho.

I had purchased the lifetime membership MANY years ago and it is quite nice to think that they decided to not just let the software/database die an ignominious death.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I see the Invelos/DVD Profiler forum is not accessible today.

Is that a result of the same server maintenance? Because they have continued to remain online, haven't they?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I see the Invelos/DVD Profiler forum is not accessible today.

Is that a result of the same server maintenance? Because they have continued to remain online, haven't they?
It is very much possible that they will also move the forum over to the new server.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just in case some of you aren't aware, Ken Cole, the developer of DVD Profiler who has been MIA for a few years, is back in the saddle and spearheading the new server migration. Looks like the app and the service are getting some fresh life breathed back into them. Great news!

1708979598409.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just in case some of you aren't aware, Ken Cole, the developer of DVD Profiler who has been MIA for a few years, is back in the saddle and spearheading the new server migration. Looks like the app and the service are getting some fresh life breathed back into them. Great news!

View attachment 214297

Thank you for the update, Doug

The only reason I have Windows running on my Mac is solely for DVDProfiler. It's THAT GOOD.

I use DVDPEDIA on my Mac, but it's not quite as good as PROFILER

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris

The only reason I have Windows running on my Mac is solely for DVDProfiler. It's THAT GOOD.

Also a DVDPEDIA user. The only thing I use Windows for is Harmony software. Perhaps I should add Profiler, but I use Pedia so often that I can’t imagine booting into Windows that often.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

The Windows version of DVDProfiler is magnificent. Which makes the crappy Android app all the more frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks