What's new

DVD Players & MP3? (1 Viewer)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Will the DVD players/changers remember where you are on the MP3s. i'm hoping I can change disc's and still go back to where I was on the MP3.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I think the answer is no, but on my Panasonic F85 changer (and probably others, too) you don't have to stop the current disc from playing in order to change all the others. In my experience, when you eject a disc, you always lose the current position - regardless of brand.

Panasonic has a feature on their players that will remember the current position of up to 3 (IIRC) DVDs, but I just tested it and it doesn't work on audio or MP3 CDs.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Thanks!

I just don't understand why they all don't have the Bookmark feature that Sony use to have. Those fools at Sony don't even incorporate that feature anymore. It was a great feature.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I'm happy to report that...I LIED! I just pulled out the owner's manual and I was just using it wrong. The only exception is that it doesn't seem to work when the MP3 disc is in random play mode.

Also, it has memory for 5 discs, not 3.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Does it keep the memory of the Disc after you remove it from player, and then put it back in?

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Yup and it'll remember until you replace it's memory position (5 memories - the 6th 'save' replaces the 1st, etc)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I guess I will be buying a Pany Changer. Sony doesn't have anything like it, as far as I know on their current players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks