What's new

DVD Player Recommendations (1 Viewer)

ChrisMcK

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All
As always, I value all of your opinions and I am asking for them once again
I recently upgraded from a HTIB to the Onkyo TX SR 601 and I have Cambridge soundworks speakers [Newton MC 300 across the front and Newton MC 200 for surrounds]. TV is a sony 27" Wega but I will be updating to a CRT RPTV, Hi Def of course, within 6 months.
I plan on spending up to $300 on a DVD player and my only requirements are progressive Scan and coax and digital outs.
I would like DVD A or SACD but that is not a definite requirement. DVI would also be good as a sort of future proofing but I dont think I'll see much in this in this price range - although I think Samsung may have something in this range.
Any help and or recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
You want to look for Faroudja based or what they call DCDi. Your price range for a very nice player seems reasonable.

Best of luck with it....

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Chris,
How do you like the MC300's? I have the same front soundstage and I love it. I don't come across too many others w/Newtons. What type of sub are you using? I have the Mitsubishi DD-8040 DVD player. Its $249 new at Tweeter and it has the Faroudja DCDi deinterlacer. It also has DVD-Audio. You may want to check it out.

ChrisMcK

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Mark
I love my Newtons - the give me a great soundsatge. I am using a bass cube 10S [got a deal from the CSW store]. When I move into my new house I am looking at going with some Tower II's up front, but nothings definate yet.
I am looking at DVD players with the Faroudja DCDi deintercer and the Mits sounds like a good deal. Does CSW sell it because I have a 10% discount

I couldn't make out what your tv is, what model is it??

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
What about the $1k+ players from Adcom, etc? What type of deinterlacers do they use?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks