What's new

DVD Player Recommendation (1 Viewer)

BrianDiP

Grip
Hi folks,

Well, I just placed order for my new Hitachi 65TWX and now I need to get a good DVD Player to match. I would like to spend

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
If you want RP-82 picture quality you had better find a XP-30 or XP-50 fast, like now.
Don't know if any XP-50s are left online, but late reports say the XP-30 can still be got at abtelectronics, some place called Loftynotions and possibly dmartstores.
Check out AVSForum, DVD Hardware if you need exact URLs.

I have purchased the RP-82 for a friend and the XP-50 for myself and have talked two friends into getting one as well. They're handsdown the best pq for dirt-cheap.
Stop reading!! Go get one! ;)

tom milton

Agent
douglas_h

what is the basic difference between the xp50 and xp30? it is not clear to me reading the specs on the vendor site.

would either of this work better with a non-hdtv (eg can't utilize progressive scan) or is it a wash?

thanks!

James Zos

Supporting Actor
The CP72 also has the same picture quality (but slightly cheaper build quality), and the ability to hold five discs, if that matters to you (it didn't to me, but after owning a five disc player, it does now.) Oh, and you can also get them in black (if you're lucky) rather than the "popular" reflective silver-look, if that matters.

BrianDiP

Grip
Thanks for the replies guys. Are the build quality and 5 disk changer the only thing that separates the cp72 and xp30? I would also like to know the difference between the xp50 and xp30 if anyone knows. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian

tom milton

Agent

James Zos

Supporting Actor
"i ordered a cv72. hope it works ok with my non-hdtv set."

Tom, I don't have an HDTV either, and the CP72 works just fine with my set.

"Are the build quality and 5 disk changer the only thing that separates the cp72 and xp30?"

I believe so. The video components, at least, are identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks