What's new

DVD of "What a Way to Go!" (1 Viewer)

Arun Vajpey

Stunt Coordinator
I was thrilled to learn that one of my favourite 1960s comedies "What A Way to Go!" with Shirley McLaine is out on DVD. But when I looked at the various sites, it appears like it is availble only on 4:3 fullscreen!! I know that the original film was out in Cinemascope and so I think this is a travesty if it is released only in the Pan & Scan format. Please, can someone tell me if this is only an error and the DVD is really in widescreen?

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
The DVD is in a pink case in honor of Gene Kelly's character, Pinky (the Fox logo at the beginning of the movie is pink as well), but did anybody notice that the case has an odor to it? It smells like bubble gum, or strawberries or something - I can't place it exactly, but it definitely smells different from all my other DVDs. Unless I'm going crazy and having olfactory hallucinations ...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Perhaps the same scent that was used for the debut (vinyl) album of the rock group Raspberries?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks