What's new

DVD Keep Cases (1 Viewer)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I ordered a bunch of DVD-Rs and cases from Meritline a while back and it's time to order some more cases (found cheap DVD-Rs in B&Ms). Now I don't remember the shipping cost being so high from the first time around. For 150 of these cases, it's going to be $20 for shipping. In the long run, that still averages out to 50 cents per case, much better than in B&Ms, but it hurts to see that the shipping costs almost half that of the product cost.

Any suggestions?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Ebay.

Just bought 100 singles and 100 doubles for under $50 including shipping. Still high on the shipping costs but the auctions themselves ended up being 1 cent.

Greg

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
duh ... I always forget ebay. Maybe it's self-induced since I spent way too much when I discovered all the records sold online :p

Anyway, that looks like a good place to start. Thx.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i was going to start a thread about keep cases and couldnt think of which forum to put it in, so maybe i could ask my question about them here. i bought some tdk cases from target and the spindles suck. i would like to get the ones used by universal, the ones where you push down and the center squeaks a little, but they hold the disc well and let it go easily. anyone know where to get good cases? or if the ones i can get at meritline and other places are any good?

CJ

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Anyone tried noion.com? Found them through an auction, but their prices look pretty enticing.

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered a dozen Amaray 2-disc cases from inetdvd.com at $1.29 ea. Shipping was about $9.00 from Minnesota to California. I didn't really shop around to look for a lower price. I'd previously bought some no-name "keepcases" at Tower Records for $1.00 ea. So I think the Amarays were priced fairly.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I just ordered cases from US Plastic Corp. What I liked about the site you could order any amount you wanted of each case and they had disc sizes of 1 to 7.

Paul

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
Where can I get just ONE double DVD case that is the width of a single case? Is this something that local stores would usually have?

Matt

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

Um....how about the dumpster behind your local Blockbuster?

I'm not kidding. I checked out mine tonight. Picked up maybe 70 or so single cases (mostly Amarays and whatever you call that one New Line has been favoring) and 7 or 8 slim doubles. This was the third time I've checked the dumpster there in the last few months, first time I've scored anything. The last two times were on Tuesdays, this time it was Wednesday (after closing). Glad I found some singles. I used up the last of my empty cases yesterday replacing the snapper cases I've bought in the last few weeks.

(On a side note, I was hoping for a couple of the double Alphas--dang Ric Easton for making his wonderful Star Trek movie covers for those cases, after I had painstakingly replaced all of the double Alphas in my collection with slim doubles! And I ended up with a few of the Blockbuster locking cases, too. Huh? I go to get cases to replace those stupid things that the used discs I buy there come in and what do I get? More of them!)

Got the idea from this thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ht=blockbuster

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Or go into a Blockbuster, ask to see the manager and ask him, the next time you get rid of any cases to give you a call. Worked for me about 3 months back. Got about 100 new amary singles & about 50 slim doubles with the hubs.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
I stop in my local BB every few months and they always have some cases to give me (sometimes I have to come back a couple of days later).

Stew

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

Where's the fun in that? :) Besides, last time I asked at my local BBV, they wouldn't save the empty cases for me. Maybe if I ask really nicely next time I'm in there...

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks