What's new

DVD hookup problems (1 Viewer)

Scott Cunninghm

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sanyo DVD player that has been giving some problems. I notice some de-synch between the audio and video (most noticeble in "The Quiet Man", almost a 1/4 second video lag).

I had it hooked up with standard RCA cables to my Yamaha reciever (Audio). Also tried running video straight to LCD. No joy.

Any idea what may cause this. I tried an optical cable, but the reciever wouldn't take the signal. Now I am stuck.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
If you are getting audio lag then it is most likely a problem with the dvd player or your receiver, the connection type should not matter. try connecting your player straight to your tv and see if that fixes it. if it does then it is probably your receiver if not then your player.

Barry McCarthy

Auditioning
Video lag can be caused by image processing on your display device. What are you connecting to? If it is a 100Hz TV then this could be your culprit. One workaround is to introduce a comparable delay into the audio. Some higher-end AV receivers will let you do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks