What's new

DVD Empire Question (1 Viewer)

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
I've never ordered from them but was wondering what was the best method of shipping to recieve PRE-ORDERS on release date? Any help would be appreciated

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm in NY and using the cheapest rate ($1.10) gets the DVDs to me the day before release date. Great service!

They're in Pennsylvania, so naturally your mileage may vary.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I'm in Florida, and I use "USPS Priority Mail" whenever I order from DVD Empire. I order first thing Friday morning and the DVDs (including new releases) are delivered on Monday morning without fail.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I'm farther from Pennsylvania than New York but not as far away as Florida, and Priority Mail tends to arrive on Monday and almost never later than Tuesday.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Oddly enough, even though I'm in Pennsylvania, when I order with Priority Mail as my shipping type, I also get discs on the monday before street date.

No biggie, their customer service is impeccable.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I have used priority mail in all my orders with DVD empire and without fail I have always recieved them a day early. And this was when I was in Michigan and now Dallas.

-- Matt

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm in Cali and have had a Friday order come on Monday via USPS priority mail! :eek:
I've had nothing but good luck and prompt service with them.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Adrian:

A belated welcome to the friendliest place on the Internet. And here's where retail vendor-related questions and comments are posted. As the previous members have noted, DVD Empire is without question one of the finest online vendors in business. The store is a primary source for my DVD library, and its service and prices are impeccable. If my pre-orders (or any other orders) are received on the Friday morning prior to shipping date, they invariably arrive, um, soon. Strongly recommended.

JB

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I have been using their standard free shipping which is supposed to be media mail. But my last four orders have been shipped by priority at no extra charge, and received them the Monday before release in California. Might want to try that instead of paying extra for priority mail. But you need four items minimum to qualify for free shipping.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
They also currently have a coupon that might save you some money. It says it is not valid on preorders but I heard it worked on preorders unless they fixed it. Information on the coupon is the following.
$5 off $40 at DVDEmpire.com Coupon code: 449868 (Exp 9/30) Coupon not valid on pre-orders

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I try to bundle orders in groups of four or more titles and then select the free shipping option. I almost always get my pre-order shipment by street date (unless a title is bundled with another pre-order that will not be released until the following week, of course).

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Im near Chicago, and I never get anything from DVD Empire on Mondays or earlier. I get all my preorders on the day of release, or Wednesday.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I have been using their standard free shipping which is supposed to be media mail. But my last four orders have been shipped by priority at no extra charge, and received them the Monday before release in California.
I understand from an e-mail and their site that their standard free shipping is now first class because of problems they had with media mail. (Which is very good news for me here, as media mail comes by ship.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks