What's new

DVD-A question (1 Viewer)

MattLS

Agent
Hi all. I'm fairly new to the world of multi-channel music and was wondering how to access the advanced resolution surround tracks on DVD-A discs. By default my player (Denon 2200) will play the Dolby track first if I just put it in and hit play. However on some discs, Beck's Sea Change for example, there is a advanced resolution track somewhere. There is no audio option on the menu screen to toggle between the various audio tracks. If I hit the "audio" button on my remote the only available option is the Dolby. Do I need to turn off the digital signal on the player and switch the input on my receiver to "ext. in" (like I would for SACD) in order to get the advanced res. surround? Or am I on the completley wrong path here?

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yes, you must use the MCH input of your receiver to get the hi-res sound from a DVD-A with your equipment. Also, you probably have to go into the menu of your player and set the default for DVD-A playback (don't own your player so I don't know the specifics).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks