What's new

Dungeons & Dragons cartoon (R2) just shipped, will R1 see a release? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
I got my first multi region DVD player and I have D&D Vol 1 shipping now, but before I pre order Vol 2 I would still prefer a R1 release (since that is where I'm from) LOL :)
The only thing I've ever seen mentioned about a release here is the Rhino poll in which it was one of the possible choices. Is there any rumblings in the realm about any release? The only thing I know of Vol 1 is that there are 7 episodes, but Vol 2 which comes out next month is also 7 episodes and includes.......ready for this......Fan made commentaries (according to Amazon.uk) that should be interesting for a 80's cartoon :D

I think Fox Kid's now owns the right here like they seem to do in R2 since their logo is on the cover, but I hope they realize that there is a market for that show in R1 also.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
lucky dog!!! :p)
i dont have the money yet.
i wonder what happen to the Complete set they had up for pre-order?
thats the one i wanted... :D

i just pre-order both vol 1,2.
oh happy day!!! :D

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
ps...
youll be happy to know they are in order... :D
vol. 1

THE NIGHT OF NO TOMORROW
Tricked by the nasty and ever so evil Venger, Presto conjures up a horde of fire-breathing dragons to threaten the town of Helix. The kids must rescue Presto and save the town before it's too late.

THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
Led by a cowardly knight named Sir John, the children must seek and destroy an evil monster known as The Beholder to find a gateway back to their own world.

THE HALL OF BONES
Dungeon Master sends the kids on a journey to the Ancient Hall of Bones, where they must recharge their magical weapons. As usual, trouble awaits them at every corner.

VALLEY OF THE UNICORNS
Bobby and the others must rescue Uni when he is captured by a fiendish sorcerer named Kelek, who plans to remove the horns of all unicorns and steal their magical power.

IN SEARCH OF THE DUNGEON MASTER
Dungeon Master is captured by warduke and frozen in a magic crystal. When the kids discover their terrible truth, they try to rescue him before Venger gets there first.

BEAUTY AND THE BOGBEAST
Eric is turned into a comical but ugly bogbeast when he sniffs a forbidden flower. Now he must help the others of this cowardly race defeat an evil ogre who is damming The River that Rains Upside Down.

THE PRISON WITHOUT WALLS
The search for the gateway home leads the kids into the Swamp of Sorrow, where they meet a fearsome monster and the dwarf wizard, Lukyon, who guides them on a journey to the Heart Of The Dragon.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The box set is apparently due in September I think
Let us know what the picture and sound quality is like when you get them

Rolando

Screenwriter
wait a tick! you mean the first season only had 7 episodes? and the second one only had 7?

does the entire show consist of 14 episodes?

wow. my memory is so bad.

I was shocked when I found out Transformers and GI Joe only had 2 seasons as well. man I am getting old!

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
here is the list in order...

Season 1
01. The Night of No Tomorrow
02. Eye of the Beholder
03. The Hall of Bones
04. Valley of the Unicorns
05. In Search of the Dungeon Master
06. Beauty and the Bogbeast
07. Prison without Walls
08. Servant of Evil
09. Quest of the Skeleton Warrior
10. The Garden of Zinn
11. The Box
12. The Lost Children
13. P-R-E-S-T-O Spells Disaster

Season 2
14. The Girl Who Dreamed Tomorrow
15. The Treasure of Tardos
16. City at the Edge of Midnight
17. The Traitor
18. Day of the Dungeon Master
19. The Last Illusion
20. The Dragon's Graveyard
21. Child of the Stargazer

Season 3
22. The Dungeon at the Heart of Dawn
23. The Time Lost
24. Odyssey of the 12th Talisman
25. Citadel of Shadow
26. Cave of the Fairie Dragons
27. The Winds of Darkness

eack disk will have 7 episodes with the 4th one with 6 episodes.
they are not Season sets but they are in order.
there will be 4 disks total. :emoji_thumbsup:

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Picked up the first volume today. :) I love this series to bits.

The DVD picture quality is pretty decent. Colours are very good (maybe a little oversaturated). No nasty EE.

Extras are brief but interesting (original story bible, inc. character profiles, written before they called the dragon queen "Tiamat"). There are also a couple of "fan" commentaries which I'm going to have to check out (eps 1 & 6). Unfortunately there are no chapter stops within the episodes.

I hope they include the original title sequence for series 3 - it wasn't as good but I'd like to have it for completeness (when they repeated the series here, they used the old one).

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Update: just listened to the two fan commentaries - very entertaining! Definitely worth a listen to. Since they are from UK fans, I doubt these extras would be ported to any future R1 release.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
There's been ongoing discussion about the dvds over at the Helix Town Square message board, including a post from one of the fans who participated in the commentary, and some posts from Lee at Contender -- she's looking for fan-art contributions for photo galleries on upcoming volumes.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
I think my copy was put on one of those planes from the 1940's...here it's been two days since my copy shipped and nothing yet :D j/k (yeah I'm very excited to watch this in DVD glory)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Thanks for the link, Mara. :)

Looks like we can expect two fan commentaries per DVD, with "The Dragons' Graveyard" (my favourite) and "Odyssey of the Twelfth Talisman" confirmed. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rolando

Screenwriter
OH MAN! We need these in R1! just out of curiosity how much are these selling for and can I assume they are PAL (speed up and all)?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Do you live in the UK or the US? If you're in America, you can hardly expect shipping that fast, even by airmail.

I send/receive videos/DVD all over the world and in my experience, air mail from the UK takes about 7-8 days to America.

Still, that's much faster than the speed of surface mail that I used to have to put up with (up to six weeks).

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
if you go the fast way it takes 2 days.
if you go the slow way it takes about 5 to 7 days.
at least with me anyway. im in Texas.
i buy from the u.k. all the time.
and yes they are in pal.
you need a world wide dvd player.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
:) Andy, yeah I live in Michigan. I took the second option of 5-7 days but being a DVD fan, and especially for this release (for myself that is ;) ) everyday seems like forever LOL. Ok...not really since I have a nice amount of the original CBS broadcast on TV from the first run back in the 80's on a VERY old VHS. HMMM...(thinking back to getting up early to tape it right after muppet babies).

Rolando, as for price...using Amazon.UK I was charged $20 and again that was the second shipping option, the overnight version was going to be around $40.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
OMG it showed up today and it looks really good :D ...however....my Koss Multi region short cut stinks (until I can figure out why the picture rolls in B&W) so its computer DVD time for this title. I will listen to the commentary episodes this weekend (and watch everything MANY times over LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks