What's new

Dukes of Hazzard, CHiPs, and Kung Fu now available in HD on Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All are cropped to 1.78:1. All are Warner tv shows.

Aside from the cropping, they all look very good.
I don't understand, are they cropped, or do they look very good?

Seriously though, I wish they wouldn't MAR shows like that. I didn't like pan & scan, and I don't like prune & zoom.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK

Seriously though, I wish they wouldn't MAR shows like that. I didn't like pan & scan, and I don't like prune & zoom.

'Prune and zoom'...I love that! Never thought of it that way, but whole-heartedly agree. Keep the original OAR or offer consumers the choice which they would prefer. Sure wish these would come out on Blu-ray - particularly Dukes of Hazzard and CHiPS. More vintage TV sets need to come out in 1080p. Now, if we could only get Warner to remaster The Thornbirds, Dallas, Falcon Crest, Perfect Strangers, North and South for Blu-ray. Hmmmm.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan

Both. Great transfers with plenty of detail. Cropped to 1.78:1.

I have a feeling Warner has 1.33:1 versions available. CBS made 1.78:1 masters of Hogan's Heroes for broadcast, but released the 1.33:1 AR masters on the recent Blu-Ray set. I believe "prune & zoom" is strictly for broadcast.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
At least 2 episodes are out of Order of Dukes .. Carnival of thrills is actually at the Beginning of Season 3. I just watched it and Amazon has it at the end of Season 2 and the episodes are in reverse Order

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Another classic show added to Amazon Prime now in HD is Gidget (1965). This one in the correct aspect ratio 1.33:1. Like the others only prime members can access the HD versions. If you want to buy the show you're stuck with SD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks