What's new

Amazon Prime Ozzie and Harriet (Amazon Prime) No HD Available after Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Geoffrey
I have been watching the new Ozzie and Harriet restorations on Amazon Prime. Season's 1-5 are free.

I bought the HD versions of Season 6 and it was beautiful but then I noticed that Season 7 isn't really HD. It claims it is and I bought the HD option but it's actually standard def and is a definite drop in quality. So even though I paid $25 for Season 7 advertised as HD, it's actually SD. I asked Amazon for a refund and then tested Season 8 and it has the same issue. Had to get a refund for that one as well.

Is MPI aware of this? I tried emailing them about it and received no response.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Seasons 7 and 8 previously all played in HD. After a quick check I noticed some episodes are HD and others are now SD (even though it displays a status of HD). I'm guessing it is just a glitch on Amazon's part and will be corrected. When Amazon had the issue of playing duplicated episodes in season one it took a few months to get corrected. I contacted MPI at the time, but they couldn't do anything because it was an Amazon issue. MPI will respond but as stated it likely is an Amazon issue. I would complain to Amazon and hope they are more responsive this time.

Real Name
Geoffrey
Every episode right now is in SD even though it claims they are HD. I even tried buying them individually as opposed to the entire season and it's still in SD for both Seasons 7 and 8.

I tried emailing MPI but didn't hear back. I have emailed them in past about other unrelated issues and never gotten a response.

What email do you use to email Amazon about this issue? Also, what is the email for MPI? I am using the form on their website but maybe I'm going into their spam.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Every episode right now is in SD even though it claims they are HD. I even tried buying them individually as opposed to the entire season and it's still in SD for both Seasons 7 and 8.

I tried emailing MPI but didn't hear back. I have emailed them in past about other unrelated issues and never gotten a response.

What email do you use to email Amazon about this issue? Also, what is the email for MPI? I am using the form on their website but maybe I'm going into their spam.
I did a quick sampling in season 8, episodes 1, 2, and 4 appeared in SD, while episode 3 appeared to be HD, from what I could tell.

Regarding MPI, I used the "Contact Us" on their website. I had several emails going back and forth as I communicated with them about some of the duplicated episodes in season 1 and 2. They are fixed now. Unfortunately, they have no control over Amazon, all they could do was bring it to their attention.

Regarding Amazon, I used the Chat box to complain with respect to the duplicated episodes. Each time they said they would pass the information up the chain. I must have complained 3 to 4 times across three months before it was fixed. I couldn't tell if my complaining helped or if they just took their time getting around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks