What's new

Ducane grill guarantee (1 Viewer)

BryanW

Agent
I bought a Ducane gas grill with a life time guarantee and have heard that it is no longer any good. Has anyone heard of this? I need some parts and will be p_____ if the guarantee is shot!! BryanW

BryanW

Agent
I checked Ducane's web site and its under construction. Sounds bad for the home team. Hope someone can give me some info :) :confused:

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Go to where you purchased the grill or where they sell them and ask. I know we repaired a lot of them even if the part wasn't under guarntee because they are so expensive and if you do it for the customer they remember and come back for other buisness.

BryanW

Agent
The place I bought it is out of business and the closest dealer is 60 miles away. If I knew they weren't going to honor the warrantee I would buy the parts on-line and save the trip. The trip isn't that big of deal but my wife has been sick for almost 10 months and between work and 2 small kids Time is of value !;) BryanW

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
I have to tell you that before I even opened this thread I was pretty sure you were screwed. I've known 3 people that fell for the Ducane grill sales pitch. Best grill available, awesone guarantee, etc. All 3 of them got screwed when the grills rusted out and basically fell apart after a few years. The warrantee was not honored and parts were incredibly expensive. These grills are 3x the price of a Weber and 1/3 the quality.

Sorry, not meaning to bash, but to call Ducane the Bose of grills would be a compliment!

Scott

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Scott,
That is far diffrent than my experience. I worked at an Ace Hardware part time for 2 years. If the firebox, lids etc.. rusted we would sand them and paint the or put on new parts. We replaced ignitors and burners all the time. This is on a community at the beach so they will rust. We did all this work for FREE.
Bryan,
I would call any store that sells them and tell them you bought it from their store and what is wrong just to see what their response is. This might help you when you contact Ducane.

BryanW

Agent
Both burners are shot and the lava grate is shredded. the parts are going to cost me about $128+ Tax/shipping. I can't complain about the grill I've had it about 8 years and it has worked good. I grill year around rain, snow about the only thing that stops me is high winds. Yes it cost me about $1000. and like the advertisement said "the last grill you'll have to buy" I expected to make the best of the lifetime deal especially at that price.Guess I'll call some dealers and see what happens. At the original place I bought it there never was a problem with replacements. But that was 5 years ago. BryanW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks