What's new

dual analog 5.1 inputs? (1 Viewer)

Are there any good receivers or pre/pros that have two sets of 5.1 analog inputs for both a sacd and Dvd-audio player?

I know there are players out (or coming out) that do both but just curious....

Elmer

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
adcom 860, you can get some details on onecall, but i dont think the adcom site has it up yet.

rich

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
i saw a dedicated switcher for 5.1 online somewhere, it was like $250 or something..

btw, I may be wrong, it may be the adcom 880 that has the dual inputs...

Rich

GordonL

Supporting Actor
If you're into the high-end, you have a few possibilities.
The new Lexicon MC-8 will have 2 sets of 5.1 inputs but you're looking at an MSRP of $6k for the unbalanced version and $7k for the balanced. This should be available in the next couple months.

McCormack has the MAP-1 for MSRP $2400. It is a straight pre-amp (no surround processing) with 2 sets of 5.1 inputs and 3 pairs of stereo inputs. The DD/DTS processing is handled by the DVD player. If you have no need for post-processing (ala THX or equivalent), this might work for you.

OTOH, you can always pick up a Sony TA-P9000ES pre-amp for a street price of around $450. It has 3 sets of 5.1 inputs, one of which is a bypass to use with your existing receiver/pre-pro with 5.1 outputs. These are getting hard to find though, I don't know if they've been discontinued or what.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks