What's new

DTC-100 OTA Settings Question?? (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
HI I have a dtc-100 and have directv and all that. I have a hd set. I bought an antenna today to try and receive my towns local OTA Digital Broadcast... (Channel 16 NBC)
So I hooked the Antenna to my Antenna A input of my DTC-100. where do I go now? How do I find my channel? I did a search but it turned nothing up.
Anyone offer any insight??

Oh and Im only about 3 miles from the tower using a RCA Indoor Ant that says it can pick up High Defition signals..
please help!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
update.....kinda
i switched to channel a.....
all I get is my channel 12 vhf channel (which is the same channel as channel 16 uhf(?)) So Ive been moving the antenna around oh this is my antenna.....

http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...at=&e=11076204

do i need a stronger?, better?, outdoor? antenna for now Radio Shack is my only option

i cant beleive no ones looked at this!

oh will the zenith silver sensor work. theres one on ebay for 27.00 shipped........

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I use the Radio Shack Double Bowtie Antenna (discontinued, and usually only shows up on Ebay as well), and it works pretty well for me.

Does your owner's manual tell you how to tune in the OTA HD channels (like 12-1, 12-2, etc)? Does the unit have a "Autofind" feature that scans for all available channels it receives via the antenna?

Have you pointed the antenna in the direction of the broadcasting towers?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
yeah it says on titantv its channel 16-1 so i put that in the field. auto search only turns on my 12 vhf non digital.
As for turning it yeah ive messed with all the directions arghhh... still nothing.......
i think i may try a roof top antenna this has got me baffled

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I did try the Radio Shack version of that RCA antenna, and had so-so results with it, so I returned it.

Some people use the Channel Master 4228 (mountable in the attic, or ourside). It also has some "double bowtie-ness" to its design.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks