What's new

DS9 Season two in March ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
This has got to be a typ but this was sent to me from Star Trek.com as part of their Newsletter

"The complete first season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is now available on DVD! This 6-disc DVD set includes interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, and a space station model. To order now, click here!

The second season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine arrives on DVD on March 4. To pre-order your copy today,click here!"

Did DS9 Season 2 get bumped up?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Everything I look up shows April 1, and additionally shows that this schedule remains correct.

I don't know what to tell you...normally I would say that a newsletter from StarTrek.com would have information that is better than just about any other source. But right off the bat, it seems impossible that this date could be right. It's WAAAAY too close to the release of S1.

I'll stick with 4/1/03 until I see more.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
It just cleared the BBFC last week, no way it's coming out that early
Jeff, do you mean the *British* Board of Film Classification? If so then an April 1st date is still possible for the *R1* release. The UK R2 release of the first season is about a month after the American one (no, I don't know why either), so it could be that all the Brit versions are going to be after the American ones.

This is irritating for us Brits because for once the Brit version is cheaper than the US one (and has all the same extras), so it's financially worth the wait. Aaargh!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
This is irritating for us Brits because for once the Brit version is cheaper than the US one (and has all the same extras), so it's financially worth the wait. Aaargh!
the beauty of being exchange-rate proof :frowning:

I started with TNG R2 from amazon.co.uk because the net price to me in Singapore dollars was actually cheaper (after shipping etc, and 'cos amazon deducts the VAT for non-EU customers). and I got the nice plastic case to boot. :D

but today, with the pound having increased a fair bit, but with the US/Canadian dollars having fallen, the UK version is actually a bit more expensive; in fact, each season set is now some S$10-15 more expensive at my end. sigh. still have season 6 & 7 to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks