What's new

Drinking Games.... (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I was just on a fishing trip with some old drunken college buddies this past weekend. The two games we played were:

Drunk Driver's Ed: This is an old board game called "Driver's Ed" from the 60's, I think, that's supposed to teach you good driving habits. Well, my friends and I bastardized it into a brutal drinking game. Don't ever get caught in the bar! ;)

Trouble: (pronounced "T-Rubble") The classic game where you land on another player. Except now you have to slam a beer when you get landed on (among other abusive rules)!

Another good "game" is One-up-one-down. It's not really a game, more of a way to screw your naive friends... you call out three choices: One-up-one-down, two-up, or two-down. The thing is, it's all in relation to where your hands are when you call... so, you're friends are trying to figure out if there's a pattern to it all and when they get it wrong, they drink... It's a game you can only play once, really.

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator
beergammon.....

A slightly modified version of backgammon but oh so much more fun. There used to be a website with good rules and instructions written by an alumni from my fraternity, legend has it that the game originated in Rolla, MO at the Kappa Alpha Order house.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I can't remember how to play these games exactly but I used to play the following:

1. Biz-buzz - I think it was a counting game where you start at 1, then next player says two, etc. Multiples of 7 you said 'biz' and the direction reversed. I think prime numbers were buzz.

2. Ducky Fuzz - Kind of tongue twister type of game. Get's more difficult later in the evening.

3. Checkers using shot glasses filled with beer(or whatever) as checker pieces. Try to get dark and light beer for differences in players.

4. Chess giving pawns a value of one drink if they are captured. Castles two drinks, etc..

David-S

Second Unit
flip cup!!!

Anyone here ever played flip cup? It's essentially a chugging race between 2 teams, and you have to get your (plastic) cup to flip over and land on it's top once you've chugged....

scary, scary game :D

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
From my college Thursday nights. 1987-1991

7:30-8:00 Drinking Jeopardy -

Rotate turns. Drink if you get the ? wrong, everyone drinks if you get it right. Daily doubles, wager 1 drink to 12 drinks (full beer).

Followed shortly by Drinking Simpsons 8:00-8:30. (Somewhat limited amount of players.)

Everyone gets a character name. Taking multiple names is fine too. Everytime the character name is spoken during the show, you drink. (For Maggie, drink everytime she sucks on her pacifier.)

It was a tough hour!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Wow it's been years since I played a drinking game...

Beer Pong is my personal favorite, because it's much more casual than most other drinking games.

An old favorite of mine was "Don't Spill The Beer", a variant on the child's game "Don't Spill The Beans".

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Ok, here is a couple of good ones.

= Treeman =

This is a really funny game with dice. As the game progresses, you have to be really *skilled* to roll something that doesn't result in drinking.

You sit around a table with 2 dice and lots of alcoholic beverage. The participants roll the 2 dice in turns. The first who rolls a 3 on either dice must proclaim one of the other players Treeman - this is usually indicated by wearing a funny hat. Everytime a 3 is rolled, the Treeman drinks. If the Treeman rolls a 3, he proclaims a new Treeman.

If you roll 2 of a kind (each die shows X) you have to decide 1 player who drinks X times or X players who drink 1 time.

The roll 1-2 is called man or mouse. The player (1) who rolls 1-2 must appoint another player (2) to choose either man or mouse and then role another die. If the result is 1-4, that player (2) drinks the number of times the dice show if he chose mouse and double the amount if he chose man. If the result is 5 or 6 the same rules apply, but for the first player (1).

The roll 5-6 is a rule. The player rolling this simply makes a new rule that is added to the game from this point and the rest of the day. The rule can be *anything*, and involve physical movement, verbal expression, it can be triggered by the dice or not - no limits here!

If the sum of a roll is 7, the player to the left of the rolling player drinks. If the sum is 9, the player to the right drinks.

If the sum is 10, everyone drinks.

Enjoy!

= Circle of Death =

This can get you very drunk, especially variant B.

A deck of cards are shuffled and placed in a circle on the table. The actual game has 2 variants, but both involve the players drawing a card from the table in turns.

A) For wussies.

The kind of the first card drawn (spades, hearts, clubs, diamonds) is registered by all players. The next player draws a card, and if it is another kind, the first card is discarded and the game continues. If it is the same kind, the values of the two cards are added (Ace=1, King=13), and the player who drew the last card drinks for a number of seconds equal to the sum while the other players count.

B) For real men.

You do not compare "kind" but "color" instead (red or black). Twice the amount alcohol in the same amount of time! Not for the weak of heart, liver or other organs.

The creators of this game will not be held responsible for any illness, accidents and/or deaths occuring during the course of the game! :)

And here's one for Nerds: Magic the Gathering Drinking Draft.

You have a pile of magic cards and draft for a deck. One player starts by turning the first card and decides if he will buy it for 5 drinks. If not he can pass, and the next player moves the card down one place and turns the next card. Now card 1 cost 4 and card 2 cost 5. This procedure continues, so the sixth card and lower in the row are free. The player can buy any card for the amount of drinks indicated by the slot where the card is. Every time a card is bought, the cards with the higher value are moved down and the next card is turned with a value of 5 drinks as always. This continues until everyone have a deck of 40 cards.

This is always a lot of fun because: The Player with the best deck will also be the most drunk. It is really essential to balance the good cards with your ability to stay capable of playing your deck. Have fun! :)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
We stopped drinking, but here is a favorite from a couple of years back - the Pokemon drinking game.

Watch Pokemon. Every time a Pokemon makes its noise (ex: Pikachuu!!), drink. Multiple noises from the same creature in one minute is two or three drinks. (Example: flock of Pokemon constantly make their noise - would be about 20 drinks - instead, 2).

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i forgot to mention 'up the river, down the river' and its played with cards...i dont exactly remember how to explain it, i'm sure it can be found in google, fun game

CJ

david stark

Second Unit
matchbox.

required equpiment - a match box, a table, plenty of pints of beer (needs to be in glasses)

really simple game. place your pint in front of you on the table and throw a match box over it. You must let go of the match box under the level of your pint glass, the matchbox must travel over your pint and land on the table.

If the match box lands on the large broad side you have to drink the current fine. If you land the matchbox on the long thin side you add 2 fingers (quarter of a pint) to the fine, if you land it on the short thin side then add 4 fingers to the fine. After you've thrown you drink the fine (if landed on the large side) and then the next person throws. The fines are cumultive so if you have some skilled tossers you can get rather large fines.

Other additional rules are if you thrown the matchbox into your drink you have to finish your drink. If you throw it into someone elses pint glass you have to finish thier drink and then buy them another one. If you throw the matchbox of the tabel (matchbox in space) then you have to finish your drink and finally if you recieve the matchbox (take it out of someone elses hand) then there is a 2 finger fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks