Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss

Dreamgirls Director's Extended Edition Blu-ray Review
dreamgirls_eddie-murphy-1024x620.jpg

10 years after it was the talk of the town, Dreamgirls remains a delightfully well-crafted film filled with rousing musical numbers and a fascinating journey through the lives of newcomer artists and established acts at a challenging time in America. Jennifer Hudson is a revelation in her role as Effie, and deservedly won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, and she’s surrounded by an outstanding cast who light up the screen.

[review]

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
You get an extras disc if you purchase it at Target. I stood in line with my wife who was purchasing two laundry detergents. This gave her a $5 Target card as a bonus which I applied to Dream Girls. Final cost $9.99.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
You get an extras disc if you purchase it at Target. I stood in line with my wife who was purchasing two laundry detergents. This gave her a $5 Target card as a bonus which I applied to Dream Girls. Final cost $9.99.
What is on the extra disc?

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
The extra disc is the same Disc 2 that was included in the earlier 2-Disc Showstopper Edition.

It contains the following:

Building the Dream
Dream Logic: Film Editing
Dressing the Dreams: Costume Design
Center Stage: Theatrical Lighting
Auditions and Screen Tests
Previsualization Sequences

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Unfortunately, Target only saw fit to include the extra disc in a paper sleeve, rather than designing their own packaging to accommodate its inclusion. I've swapped things out so that I keep the extras disc in the case and the DVD (which I'll never use) in the sleeve, but it's still an annoyance.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I did exactly the same thing. For any standard disc I replace with a DVD, I usually take the DVD copy I already own, put that in a paper sleeve and store it in the Blu ray case. I recycle the DVD case to use with the DVDs I make from TV. I have to shred the paper insert immediately before I get sentimental and change my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks