What's new

Vudu General Discussion Don't Buy The James Bond 4k Bundle On Vudu (1 Viewer)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I made the mistake of impulse buying the James Bond 4k set on Vudu a few months ago when it was $100 for all of the movies. At the time iTunes didn't have a similar bundle, but I've since seen it on iTunes for the same price and they come with extras there. On Vudu you just get the movies. The major issue though is at least two of the films on Vudu have issues. I've been in touch with Vudu twice about it so far and nothing has been done.

In "The Man With the Golden Gun" at 21:31 the screen cuts to black for a moment before the next scene starts. This is not how the movie is supposed to play and an error in the master. I took a look at the same moment in 4K on Amazon Prime and this error wasn't present, leading me to think the Vudu master is faulty.

The Dolby Digital+ 5.1 track on "Tomorrow Never Dies" is mapped incorrectly, and has the dialogue coming from the left surround channel instead of only from the center channel. The right surround channel is silent throughout the movie. This renders the movie unwatchable.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the warning Neil. I hope you can get a satisfactory outcome.

I’m still holding out hope for a physical disc release in 4K.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I made the mistake of impulse buying the James Bond 4k set on Vudu a few months ago when it was $100 for all of the movies. At the time iTunes didn't have a similar bundle, but I've since seen it on iTunes for the same price and they come with extras there. On Vudu you just get the movies. The major issue though is at least two of the films on Vudu have issues. I've been in touch with Vudu twice about it so far and nothing has been done.

In "The Man With the Golden Gun" at 21:31 the screen cuts to black for a moment before the next scene starts. This is not how the movie is supposed to play and an error in the master. I took a look at the same moment in 4K on Amazon Prime and this error wasn't present, leading me to think the Vudu master is faulty.

The Dolby Digital+ 5.1 track on "Tomorrow Never Dies" is mapped incorrectly, and has the dialogue coming from the left surround channel instead of only from the center channel. The right surround channel is silent throughout the movie. This renders the movie unwatchable.
Neither of those issues are on the iTunes digitals.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

That’s too bad. Did you reach any conclusion with vudu on this?

I have the films in hd on vudu.

I bought the 4k versions on iTunes as well.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
From Vudu:

"Hello Neil,

Thank you for contacting Vudu customer care.

I have notified the content team about this encoding issue so it can be reported to the appropriate studio. The studio will need to redeliver us a new encode. Once this occurs, we will replace the existing version of this title. Please allow 2-4 weeks for this to be resolved. Let us know if you have any further questions."

We'll see.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
From Vudu:

"Hello Neil,

Thank you for contacting Vudu customer care.

I have notified the content team about this encoding issue so it can be reported to the appropriate studio. The studio will need to redeliver us a new encode. Once this occurs, we will replace the existing version of this title. Please allow 2-4 weeks for this to be resolved. Let us know if you have any further questions."

We'll see.

Keep us posted.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I guess the content team is still looking to get the proper encodes from the studio. I don't know why this is taking so long. I pointed out exactly what and where the errors are.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I guess the content team is still looking to get the proper encodes from the studio. I don't know why this is taking so long. I pointed out exactly what and where the errors are.

That’s too bad. I hope the issue is resolved soon.
I’ve had up and down customer service from vudu at times.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Vudu is horrible at fixing any kind of issues, be it aspect ratio or audio. The responses I've received from their "content team" over the years have been horrendous, with their most common excuse being "that is what the studio sent to us and there is nothing we can do about it." Yet, other services like iTunes and Movies Anywhere, when advised of an issue, will do everything in their power to get you a satisfactory resolution.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Vudu is horrible at fixing any kind of issues, be it aspect ratio or audio. The responses I've received from their "content team" over the years have been horrendous, with their most common excuse being "that is what the studio sent to us and there is nothing we can do about it." Yet, other services like iTunes and Movies Anywhere, when advised of an issue, will do everything in their power to get you a satisfactory resolution.

Agreed.

I redeemed a peanuts 4k code and it showed as hd instead of uhd. They never corrected it for me despite my request. They cited that I didn’t still have the code which I redeemed on their website.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It's a Christmas miracle! These two flaws have been fixed. Buy me a drink sometime and I'll tell you how I accomplished this.

Great!
1974 and 1997 are two of my favorites. Glad they are now playing properly!

I have the films in hd on vudu and in 4K on iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks