Don Imus: The ONLY Person On Planet Who HATES Everyone!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Von Pein, Nov 1, 2002.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Ever watch the early AM program on MSNBC ... "Imus In The Morning"? (The video version of I-Man's morning New York radio show, on WFAN.)
    For some reason, I keep getting drawn toward watching this guy in the morning. God knows why! He's really quite unprofessional nearly 100% of the time (NEVER letting Charles M. [newsman] finish reading the top stories of the day uninterrupted, always having to break in with some negative comment about whatever the subject matter might be).
    But for some odd reason, he's a kind of likeable fellow, this I-Man is. [​IMG]
    Quite obviously, all of his "I hate that weasel" comments simply MUST be a put-on, and done tongue-in-cheek. For it's simply NOT humanly possible for a single person to despise the sheer volume of individuals that Mr. Imus supposedly does.
    It's hard to believe that ANYBODY would ever be willing to appear on his show.
    What do you guys think of him, his MSNBC show, and his co-horts (who, like the I-Man, are certainly not timid about firing scathing verbal salvos of their own. They're quite a pack of I-Man Bootlickers, to be sure. [​IMG])
    Here's a good example of Imus' mike-side manner ...... "Watchin' Dan Rather do the news, he looks like he's making a hostage tape. They should have guys in ski masks and AK-47s just standing off to the side." [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

I find him intensely unfunny. His constant deprication of everyone he can think of and his controlled mumbling manner just aren't funny. Howard Stern, his nearest competitor, is more lively and outrageous but also has a particular knack for satire that Imus doesn't. To me, Imus comes across as bitter and bitter people aren't funny. I don't listen to either unless I catch them now and then. I've seen both on TV and Imus just looks so haggard, tired. That man couldn't smile to save his life.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I've never liked Imus. He trie too hard to be Howard and it's just sad.

He's not fun. He's not funny.

4. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

--self edit--
    [​IMG]

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

Imus was Imus long before Howard Stern. Truth be told, Howard in a way copied Imus. The first time I heard Imus was on WNBC in NYC, some 30 years ago when Charles McCord was his news commentator, prior to when MSNBC came into existence. Also, I remembered when Imus and Stern were on WNBC radio at the same time, but different times with Imus being on in the morning and Stern in the afternoon. They hated each other, but it made fun radio for the listeners.

Crawdaddy

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, Imus is waaaay before Howard's time
    I have his 10,000 hamburgers to go LP. Hilarious stuff [​IMG] Wish I could find a CD

7. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

If you ever have a chance, watch the tape of the 'speech' Imus gave in Washington a couple of years back. Bill Clinton was still president then. Bill and Hillary were on the dais (I think the speech was delivered at a benefit given by the Washington Press. Anyhow, Imus spent the better part of 30 or 40 minutes lambasting the Clintons right in front of them. They had nowhere to hide. Watch that and tell me he is un-funny.
    That speech pretty much elevated Imus to 'political pundit'. I'm not sure it's deserved, but I give him credit for busting the chops of a sitting president right to his face !