What's new

Dolby Pro Logic problems (1 Viewer)

RickRodig

Auditioning
I hope someone can help me. I am having problems with my dolby pro logic setting. I get sometimes garbled, sometimes clear audio from the front right and left speakers. The center channel is fine. It does this no matter if I am using a satellite feed or FM or vhs. When I play DVDs they come out fine on all the speakers. What would cause it to do this. The receiver is a brand new yamaha rx 1400. If I plug in the head phones, there is no problem either. thanks

Rick

Roger Dressler

Stunt Coordinator
A garbled sound is common due to coding artifacts in digital transmission caused by using insufficient data rate. Actually they are audible in stereo, but it is easier to hear them when you listen closely to the "empty" channels after surround decoding. In VHS-HiFi you may be hearing the head switching noise which is a 60Hz buzz, but also if you record the digital TV sound on the VHD then the coding artifacts remain. Anyway the Pro Logic decoder is not defective.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
Yeah, both my front and surround speakers are garbled when they are "empty", but I have to be pretty close to the speakers to notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks