What's new

Does the SD3755 play DVD-A (1 Viewer)

shankar

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,
Does the Tosh SD3755 support DVD-A disks?
The 800.com website details on this machine says so. the manual does not mention it.
Also, what happens when a DVD-A disk is played in a DVD player that does not specifically support DVD-A?
Thanks
:)

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
The 3755 does not support DVD-A. It is multi disc progressive only. To receive the signal you must have 6 channel output from the player. Any player lacking this is not DVD-A capable. If you place a DVD-A only disc with no other encoding on it (such as 2 channel stereo) in a non capable player, you should get zilch.

tony randall

Stunt Coordinator
I was originally looking at that model, but was steered to the 3750 (single disc) because the video output was 'better'. the 4700 model has roughly the same video, but does support DVD-Audio. That is also a single disc model.

I orginally wanted a multi-disc player, but in all the research I did, the single disc models offer better video output. I have a panny VCR that is completely awesome, but the whole reason I wanted to get a dvd player is for the enhanced video over vhs tape.

If you really want a multi-disc dvd player for movies, hopefully some others will post to offer up some suggestions on multidisc machines that offer a similar video output as the Toshiba 4700 or 3750. If you just want a multidisc dvd-audio machine and don't care about the picture quality, I probably didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks