What's new

Does the Italian MALENA DVD have English subs? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I've heard different answers to this question, and would like to hear something definitive. The Italian MALENA disc sounded definitive to me as it contains the footage edited out by Miramax for the film's Stateside release. A respondent in another thread at HTF recently mentioned that he was going to buy this version of the disc for that very reason.
I've also read another poster who mentioned that the Italian disc does not have subs, which differs from what I had heard elsewhere. Can anyone answer this for me? Has anyone here seen the disc, and does it have English subtitles? I'd be especially keen to hear from someone who has seen the disc first-hand, as I'm wary of trusting the specs on an overseas DVD site when two differing assessments of the disc are doing the rounds.

I have the limited 3 Disc set of Malena from Italy. It has sound in Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 in anamorphic widescreen and a second disc with bonus material and a third disc (CD) with Ennio Morricone's soundtrack.
The movie runs longer than the version available in US and is called "Integral Version".
The DVD does only have Italian subtitles, there are NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
Regards
Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks